Elle

Candy Necklace - Music Video [OUT NOW]

Just saw it for the first time. She looks stunning. The scene with the necklaces falling is cringy. I feel like it has a BTD era MV feeling, and BTD era has my favorite MVs from her. I just feel like I would rather something more dramatic instead of a behind the scenes video, but it’s a personal taste. The whole concept is very well executed and it’s a beautiful video. I’d really like to see the version before and not the scenes though lol

I'm sorry but THE WAY SHE REMOVED HER BORN TO DIE WIG (persona) TO REVEAL A WIG (persona) REFERENCING THE RIDE MUSIC VIDEO WHILE ON THE ARM OF AN OLDER MAN TO REPRESENT THE MUSIC INDUSTRY AND HER DADDY ERA  

it's everything I wanted and more :krylie:

𝙸𝚝’𝚜 𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚒𝚐 𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚎, 𝙸𝚝’𝚜 𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚂𝚢𝚕𝚟𝚒𝚊 𝙿𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚑

1 hour ago, Candy Necklace said:

I’m obsessed with this video. I’ve watched it 5 times already, that’s probably more than I’ve watched any post LFL video 

Okay thinking about this I kinda lied, I did watch Doin Time, FIILY/The Greatest and (very weird but) Blue Banisters non-stop. I do like this more than Chemtrails which was her last “High Quality” video

WOW fucking amazing, what a creative and thought-provoking video. Lana is a genius, I had chills watching. Powerful and unsettling. Can't imagine complaining about the "BTS" it's literally the whole concept of the video lol

6 hours ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

she looks like a vampire goddess here I'm SHAKING :trisha:

I love this picture so much they look so fucking good they look like they're ready to take over and rule the whole world

345596928-226225346703276-57641557551171

she looks like ann from arrested development here

Loved how it started with the shot of her driving through the pine. It really reminds me of the northwest which is exactly the vibe I get from the song with its eerie production, violins, and the melody. She had such a vision when making this song, I really hope she keeps the energy for whats to come next

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

I just rewatched it after work and wowwwww. I think this is easily my fav mv since chemtrails. Its dark, even for lana, but it is done so tastefully  and each time i watch i see the artistic vision more and more. I have a theory that maybe the two men represent lanas directions in the music industry. The older man seems like he could be playing a producer, someone who offers a lot of fame but is looking to take advantage of it. Jon’s character represents the artistry behind the music. The artistry is where shes happy, but she knows what is expected of the art she produces. In the end, we see her without either of them and i think that represents her choosing herself first, because if she does that she doesn't have to lose herself or her artistry. I could keep going i have so many thoughts😭😭😭

4 hours ago, robertenglandgrant said:

Ok, so what are we theorizing about the ending? She said it would indicate "where we go from here" and I'm not sure if I really understood what she was going for. Unless we're meant to interpret it as her in Heaven, and that somehow being connected to "Say Yes to Heaven" since it's been reported she's releasing that?

To me “where do we go from here” is her letting go of the expectations that have been put on herself not only from the industry but from herself. Doing the things that make her truly happy and not sticking to the norm. The whole album has revolved around self reflection and self acceptance.. so the visual actual ties it up pretty perfectly 

It’s kinda ironic, because her latest album has echoed her earlier work too with the samples and lyric references.. and then I’m the MV with the glamour and it’s gotten everyone really excited. “Yay we got old Hollywood glamour back” or “we got her old sound back”.. but have we? Is that what she’s trying to do? In a sense I think, despite loving those aesthetics, she was at her unhappiest in those early days.. and felt maybe she was putting on too much of a persona.. I.E. world building

who knows where she is going from here.. I suppose only time will tell 

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues