Elle

Candy Necklace - Music Video [OUT NOW]

Before the video I thought “White fire, cinnamon on my teeth and I’m sitting at a stoplight in northern town. I feel lucky.” was Lana going back to her hometown after her fame and every fucked up thing she has seen on Hollywood but after seeing the video I think it’s actually the opposite. It’s young Lana/Lizzy getting ready to leave her hometown, she is on the verge of a new beginning and she feels lucky. It also ties with how she drives somewhere out of range, somewhere far away. I don’t understand what white noise coming out of brain means but maybe it’s her getting robotic and losing herself on the journey of fame? 

12 hours ago, American Whore said:

the hair is definitely giving old LDR, it's interesting how it reflects on the media and seems like her message to criticism - this shot makes me think of the acclaim she got during NFR, but the murder being used to symbolize how she "glorifies abuse" with the man in the car who was looking at her throughout the second half of the video, but it could also symbolize how the media murders her for being vulnerable and being herself, which is almost just as abusive of a relationship as her being with a man who beats her and she sings about it

going to add to this again. in a way, it feels like a lot of this video is commentary on her eras - how she's changed, holding onto this necklace that's either been someone's promises to her to make her famous or to love her or whatever it might be. then the promises broke, so she turned and learned (wildfire wildflower teassss) and by the end of it, she's making a commentary that if she would've just stayed in this one style of btd or lfl, she would already have the hollywood walk of fame star but she didn't so she knows the music she's making won't be what the industry "wants"

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

7 hours ago, Rico25 said:

Cons :

- it cuts the song WAY too much
Which of course is the concept but that's why I think it's a great short movie but slightly annoying music video 'cause it doesn't do CN any justice sonically

how could the video cut it if they used an extended version of the song? I hope this version gets released on streaming 

Okay after watching the whole thing

I like the idea of using BTS to further the message and story

however, if they released a cut and professional alternate video using the takes we only see the BTS of I’d enjoy that! 

Californ-I-A homeland of the Gods

Once I found my way

But now I am lost

7 hours ago, Pretty On The Indide said:

it must be hard being stupid. I wouldn't know. Go do poppers and stream Gaga you hapless heathen

There was no need to attack me like that, but I guess you wanted some likes. Maybe I’m not the stupid one here.

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

7 hours ago, Pretty On The Indide said:

it must be hard being stupid. I wouldn't know. Go do poppers and stream Gaga you hapless heathen

This made me laugh- the fame is so good but her albums after that are fillers for me excerpt some special songs:xgiggle:  yes liddos I guess

10 minutes ago, COLACNT said:

love the video but needed something more formal 

This is a perfect mix of bts and professional shots 

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

2 hours ago, Good Intentions said:

anyone who complains about the 'bts' has failed the intelligence test :usrs:

I don't know about failing the intelligence test.. I love the video but obviously there are going to be people who prefer a more professional, intentional, and well done video. It's not acknowledging the truth imo to pretend like anyone who doesn't like it doesn't get it. People can get it and have critiques

But for me personally.. lala ate down  :thumb3:  and anyone who doesn't like it should re consider Lana's art and where she is right now, she's over all that (at this specific moment in time).... and also you guys should consider that you're literally proving the point of the music video.. that you guys want the movie version of her (the pretty film footage) and not the real version of her (the behind the scenes footage)

1 hour ago, Thunder Revenant said:

I'm not agsinst the idea of swapping between BTS/ "proper" video clips for story telling purposes (actually really like the concept), I just feel like the execution here is really really messy

messy how exactly? Looking forward to your editorial and directorial commentary

If the BTS hadn’t been part of the MV, it would have been something stunning, like the COCC MV, but it would have lacked some dimension IMO.

plus the BTS mirrors the sound of OB, where there are so many flaws from the takes that ended up on the final mixing of the songs, to embrace imperfections to heal and grow. Here, it’s like she explains, there’s the persona and there’s the real woman. And it ties with the complex image of the Candy Necklace, that I see as an empty or ephemeral promess (unlike diamonds that are supposed to be forever).

urgh her mind!!!! 
i didn’t care for a big MV for this era…I take back my words, this is perfect. 

2 hours ago, Cherry Blossom said:

Okay after watching the whole thing

I like the idea of using BTS to further the message and story

however, if they released a cut and professional alternate video using the takes we only see the BTS of I’d enjoy that! 

My only complaint is that there's about a minute of it (during Baptiste solo) where it's all BTS footage. I thought she overdidi there, espeically when you think about how gorgeous some of the "movie" shots would have been. That's my only complaint.