Elle

Candy Necklace - Music Video [OUT NOW]

22 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

If the BTS hadn’t been part of the MV, it would have been something stunning, like the COCC MV, but it would have lacked some dimension IMO.

plus the BTS mirrors the sound of OB, where there are so many flaws from the takes that ended up on the final mixing of the songs, to embrace imperfections to heal and grow. Here, it’s like she explains, there’s the persona and there’s the real woman. And it ties with the complex image of the Candy Necklace, that I see as an empty or ephemeral promess (unlike diamonds that are supposed to be forever).

urgh her mind!!!! 
i didn’t care for a big MV for this era…I take back my words, this is perfect. 

I really didn't expect this. One of her best-ever, most high-end, most conceptual, most stylised and edgiest videos. Pure art. I think even Scorsese or Tarantino would approve.

I wasn't a big fan of his previous work. Doin' Time I liked the most probably. Love was too siroupy and MTV-ish and hipster-pandering. The others were a bit basic. This is the best work he's ever done with Lana. 

57 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

I don't know about failing the intelligence test.. I love the video but obviously there are going to be people who prefer a more professional, intentional, and well done video. It's not acknowledging the truth imo to pretend like anyone who doesn't like it doesn't get it. People can get it and have critiques

But for me personally.. lala ate down  :thumb3:  and anyone who doesn't like it should re consider Lana's art and where she is right now, she's over all that (at this specific moment in time)

well, it's professional, intentional and well done

if people don't realize that, they just didn't pass the test

28 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

If the BTS hadn’t been part of the MV, it would have been something stunning, like the COCC MV, but it would have lacked some dimension IMO.

plus the BTS mirrors the sound of OB, where there are so many flaws from the takes that ended up on the final mixing of the songs, to embrace imperfections to heal and grow. Here, it’s like she explains, there’s the persona and there’s the real woman. And it ties with the complex image of the Candy Necklace, that I see as an empty or ephemeral promess (unlike diamonds that are supposed to be forever).

urgh her mind!!!! 
i didn’t care for a big MV for this era…I take back my words, this is perfect. 

Makes me happy she still puts effort into visuals. I was scared she's gonna take 'strictly music' route 

4 minutes ago, Yameena Khatri said:

Makes me happy she still puts effort into visuals. I was scared she's gonna take 'strictly music' route 

yeah, one big video per album is all we need!!!

better one great one like cn than 5 mediocre ones like arcadia, bb, arcadia 2, white dress, wtc. Waste of money, and time

10 minutes ago, Good Intentions said:

it's professional, intentional and well done

Ur purposefully choosing to look at semantics instead of acknowledging the point.. in my book that means whatever ur saying doesn't rly mean that much  :thumb3:

It's about the values.. ur valuing Lana's message over the art direction and actual filmography and others may not. At least that's how I see it 

i don't know what came over me yesterday but i hated candy neckalce's video, now i'm obsessed with it, her best video :pray2:

9 hours ago, Veinsineon said:

Does Candy Necklace remind anyone else of this song

thematically and sonically I think they are friends

MY FAVORITE SONG :pray2:

I like the video, the concept is really cool and she looks AMAZING... but if I could have it my way I would have the first half of the video be only professionally shot footage giving us a story and then half way through it panned out to reveal everything was on a set and then have the rest of the video as BTS footage. Something along the lines of Doin Time when it reveals that giant Lana is actually a movie being watched or like this scene in Blonde:

tumblr_mx1rynpDqV1rh0xc7o1_500.gif

1:21:04

She literally had the entire thing thought out.. she was talking about making the video and that it was so triggering that she had to stop writing it. It really is as deep as we're interpreting it to be she's just a genius  :crying5:

I feel like this song /MV really lyrically mirrors black beauty except instead of looking at a man she's looking at the world, which she is maybe also doing in black beauty through the metaphor of the relationship

I paint my nails black

I dye my hair a darker shade

'Cause you like your woman Spanish

Dark, strong, and proud

I paint the sky black 

and then the end of the MV is the message she's been trying to hint at since UV

I keep my lips red to seem like cherries in the spring

Regardless of all the turmoil she acknowledges she needs to move forward or else she'll feel lost and "stuck in snakeholes" like the women she references through the representation of her career in the MV - she said it was a "where do we go from here?" ending, as in, she's acknowledging her relationship with the media/celebrity as over, and she's know wondering where her music/life will go from here. That's how I see it at least, but Lana changes her mind all the time and this doesn't mean anything for the future implications of her music imo

Born to Die - Blue Jeans - National Anthem - Summertime Sadness - Ride - Shades of Cool - Candy Necklace

Her best videos :godlaugh:

I don’t mean to sound ungrateful but I really hope she releases at least one more mv for this era. Music videos are one of my favorite parts of each era. I just love seeing visuals for an album, really puts everything into perspective. I think a video for DYK, A&W or Paris would be really good options

24 minutes ago, TropicoKitten said:

I don’t mean to sound ungrateful but I really hope she releases at least one more mv for this era. Music videos are one of my favorite parts of each era. I just love seeing visuals for an album, really puts everything into perspective. I think a video for DYK, A&W or Paris would be really good options

Peppers with Angelina Jolie 8mm video cam recorder iPhone app I’m so ready