Elle

Candy Necklace - Music Video [OUT NOW]

16 hours ago, barttttender said:

It's an artistic masterpiece. I literally couldn't care if ended it with 3 views.

i honestly never expected this to be watched by many, given that the single choice is so aggressively anti-radio and fans only

Has it even been sent to radio or anything? Idk about calling it a single. It's just the song she wanted to give us an MV for.

I appreciate the video it's pretty eerie and has some beautiful shots in it. I do wish she would have done something a little bit more concise? Just something more straight-forward. 

Anybody remember that seemingly fake Reddit post where the poster's BF apparently worked for Lana's tour team during the UV tour. The post said earlier in her career she would often be cloaked up and shuffled into the back of shady private events that gave her anxiety etc and that's where some of her 'problems' originated from... It's very similar to what was portrayed in the music video  :hooker:

Idk if there's already a post for this, but if we were to only get one more MV, which song would you want it to be for?

Kind of cheating, but I think a combined MV that starts with A&W and ends with Peppers would be so good. Kind of like how The Greatest and FIILY were combined.

~    fantasia-seductive.gif ~

5 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

Anybody remember that seemingly fake Reddit post where the poster's BF apparently worked for Lana's tour team during the UV tour. The post said earlier in her career she would often be cloaked up and shuffled into the back of shady private events that gave her anxiety etc and that's where some of her 'problems' originated from... It's very similar to what was portrayed in the music video  :hooker:

Screenshot-2023-05-11-at-2-55-06-PM.png

This.. it just seems so oddly specific to the scene of Lana singing for all the people but really wanting to leave 

9 minutes ago, Brat said:

Idk if there's already a post for this, but if we were to only get one more MV, which song would you want it to be for?

Paris, Texas

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

The faces aren't the same but their stories all end tragically

And that's the price of fame

A tale as old as time

You'd be a pretty little fool to think exceptions to the rule just walk around like you and me

- Dark But Just A Game

White fire, cinnamon on my teeth
And I'm sittin' at the stoplight northern town
I feel lucky
I drive somewhere out of range, I don't know where
White noise coming out of my brain
Turns off for nothing

the fact that I only just now clocked that her 'driving somewhere out of range' is radio range and the white noise is the sound of a radio going out of tune because she's too far away from home to pick up the signal of her favourite radio station.
Like, It's Lana, feeling lucky because she's moving from her home town to LA or somewhere similar and being unable to turn off that radio static because then that means she's alone with her own silence and thoughts. :true:

𝙸𝚝’𝚜 𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚒𝚐 𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚎, 𝙸𝚝’𝚜 𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚂𝚢𝚕𝚟𝚒𝚊 𝙿𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚑

14 minutes ago, ShadesOfFool said:

Juicy 

Tbh the entire post seems plausible. Obviously it's hugely speculative to believe a random Reddit post but I would not be surprised in the slightest if it's true. Especially bc it was posted three years ago which is before Lana started sharing more of her thoughts/mindset on things

Why is this thread dead the day after lala released one of the best MV's of her career  :bebe:

I'm gonna write a long analysis explaining my thoughts on the video when I have time later, it's too much to cram into a short one 

1 minute ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

Why is this thread dead the day after lala released one of the best MV's of her career  :bebe:

Literally, she created a whole ass 10 minute film which adds another layer to an already iconic song. It is so good 

6 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

the way it doesn't even have 1 million views yet is frustrating  :crying5:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

12 minutes ago, Doll Harlow said:

The part with all of the necklaces falling and then the shot of her getting a Hollywood star... chills. Amazing.

I think the diamonds falling in to blood is an obvious reference to the industry, loss of innocence, and a blood diamond metaphor etc but.. to me it looks more like wine than blood. Lana might be making a double entendre referencing the bad side of the industry and perhaps how alcohol played a part in that within the lens of her career

5 hours ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

I think the diamonds falling in to blood is an obvious reference to the industry, loss of innocence, and a blood diamond metaphor etc but.. to me it looks more like wine than blood. Lana might be making a double entendre referencing the bad side of the industry and perhaps how alcohol played a part in that within the lens of her career

I think it's blood because we then get the sense her corpse is in the body trunk at the back of the car

Maybe alluding once more to Black Dahlia