Elle

Candy Necklace - Music Video [OUT NOW]

15 hours ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

Anybody remember that seemingly fake Reddit post where the poster's BF apparently worked for Lana's tour team during the UV tour. The post said earlier in her career she would often be cloaked up and shuffled into the back of shady private events that gave her anxiety etc and that's where some of her 'problems' originated from... It's very similar to what was portrayed in the music video  :hooker:

That’s what dark but just a game always makes me think of too

14 hours ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

The faces aren't the same but their stories all end tragically

And that's the price of fame

A tale as old as time

You'd be a pretty little fool to think exceptions to the rule just walk around like you and me

- Dark But Just A Game

Ffs read this after I quoted you haha!!

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

14 hours ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

The faces aren't the same but their stories all end tragically

And that's the price of fame

A tale as old as time

You'd be a pretty little fool to think exceptions to the rule just walk around like you and me

- Dark But Just A Game

Ffs read this after I quoted you haha!!

S0F1O.gif

I've watched this video so many times. The symbolism throughout, the styling, the way it's broken apart to reveal the underbelly of the filming process. EVERYTHING IS STUNNINGLY BEAUTIFUL!!! I can't think of anything else to say about it.

Ps. I remember Lana mentioning something about the White Dress music video before it dropped. Something along the lines of "getting to work with a director who knows how to make real music videos", bla bla bla. I couldn't find the actual quote from Lana. Who knows, maybe I'm remembering it wrong or something. Anyway, the end result of White Dress was ho-hum compared to this. Rich Lee is the shit! Lana should have saved that quote for Rich Lee because the two of them make unbelievable art together.

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png

1 minute ago, J.R.OMEGA said:

I've watched this video so many times. The symbolism throughout, the styling, the way it's broken apart to reveal the underbelly of the filming process. EVERYTHING IS STUNNINGLY BEAUTIFUL!!! I can't think of anything else to say about it.

Ps. I remember Lana mentioning something about the White Dress music video before it dropped. Something along the lines of "getting to work with a director who knows how to make real music videos", bla bla bla. I couldn't find the actual quote from Lana. Who knows, maybe I'm remembering it wrong or something. Anyway, the end result of White Dress was ho-hum compared to this. Rich Lee is the shit! Lana should have saved that quote for Rich Lee because the two of them make unbelievable art together.

No shade on white dress music video, there’s something about that video that hits me, it feels like home. I enjoy it but it also hurts because I’m not there :bebe: not sure what it is about it that brings this feeling on lol

but yeah CN concept is phenomenal and I love it for it’s artistry and story! 

S0F1O.gif

6 minutes ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

No shade on white dress music video, there’s something about that video that hits me, it feels like home. I enjoy it but it also hurts because I’m not there :bebe: not sure what it is about it that brings this feeling on lol

For sure, no shade on White Dress MV. I just remember Lana talking about the video before it came out and I had delusions of grandeur that we would be getting something akin to Candy Necklace, or Fuck it, I Love You / The Greatest, but in the end it was very lackluster imo. It kinda reminds me of the behind the scenes pics of 'Music To Watch Boys To'. They were so full of color and pizazz , but the end video was B&W, and (looking back on it) rather boring tbh. In the case of Candy Necklace, the B&W is part of what makes the video so captivating to watch. It works brilliantly in this context.

Regardless, no shade to any of Lana's videos (even the ones that got reused for other songs... ULTRAVIOLENCE = Freak & Next Best American Record = White Mustang). She's an artist and has her reasons for what she chooses. Candy Necklace is pure perfection in my eyes :defeated:

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png

3 hours ago, PARADIXO said:

I think this is her best best video since Shades Of Cool.

100%!

my ranking:

1. Born to die (the first to reach a billion and for a reason)

2. Ride (masterpiece)

3. Young and Beautiful (gorgeous)

4. Shades of Cool (pure rock cinema)

5. Candy Necklace (I might bump it up above Shades tho, genius)

6. Don't Call Me Angel (crap song but the cinematography and her looks are fire)

7. National Anthem (the most pop lana will ever be, sizzles)

8. West Coast (dark, moody, edgy, cinematic)

9. Music to Watch Boys to (kubrick woulda loved this)

10. High by the Beach / Doin' Time (great storylines in both)

HM: Blue Jeans (og), Burning Desire, Chemtrails, Video Games (og), Lust for Life, fily/the greatest

mediocre: love (too mtv 1990s), blue banisters, all of the chuck directed stuff, all of the homemade ones, blue jeans b&w (meh), summertime sadness, 

worst: White Mustang - as beautiful as it is, it just makes zero sense, arcadia, white dress (the song deserved better), freak (hate that song and the video is equally mismanaged), let me love you like a woman (what even was that), let me love you - live (probably her worst look and performance). Could easily live without any of those

I had the chance to finally watch the video all the way through and WOW. 

I'll be honest the interruptions initially irritated me a bit, but watching it again, I get it. 

I hope she works with this director again, this was a true work of art. 

unnamed.gif

qbbpCrJ_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

A lady offering lana the choice between the blonde wig (Lana staying true to herself and being Lizzy) and the red wig (Lana choosing Hollywood - like all the other stars did in the video)... the difference is she realizes "..you've (hollywood) been bringing me down", along with whoever she's singing about.. She chose to show every important aspect of her career in one video now I 100% understand the "where do we go from here" comment she made

Lana asking "Do you like it?" to someone "behind the scenes" as she looks at the red wig in the MV is so genius, it mirrors the behind the scenes people in the music industry that convinced her to make choices she didn't want to make. She was convinced and since she had a good heart she believed them, like all the other Hollywood starlets. But where did they end up? Dead in a box. Lana is saying NO not me and tbh as she should

14 hours ago, Unknown said:

This is interesting, I just watched the rest of his interview where he talks about Lana. Apparently the American Music Awards wanted him and Lana to open the show with a performance of Summertime Sadness on top of the tallest building in LA with an orchestra but she turned it down, she also turned down appearing at coachella with him. He also said that she blocked the release/radio promotion of his Young and Beautiful remix because it was on track to do even better than the summertime sadness remix but she didn't want that level of attenion and success. This makes sense with comments Lana made in her 2017 Complex interview where she said she didn't like that she had no involvement with the production of what is statistically her biggest hit and that she didn't want all the attention that came with a big hit song. Mind you this was happening in 2013 when Lana was peak depressed and recording Ultraviolence :toofunny:

It’s got nothing to do with not wanting success, she just fucking hates those remixes and wanted nothing to do with them lol. He needs to stop.

36 minutes ago, Coney Island King said:

It’s got nothing to do with not wanting success, she just fucking hates those remixes and wanted nothing to do with them lol. He needs to stop.

Yeah. I hate to shit on people's creative vision, but he took out every bit of personality, nuance and interset in her voice and performance, and created a couple of hits. Based on that, it's no wonder she doesn't care about chart success.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

5 hours ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

qbbpCrJ_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

A lady offering lana the choice between the blonde wig (Lana staying true to herself and being Lizzy) and the red wig (Lana choosing Hollywood - like all the other stars did in the video)... the difference is she realizes "..you've (hollywood) been bringing me down", along with whoever she's singing about.. She chose to show every important aspect of her career in one video now I 100% understand the "where do we go from here" comment she made

Lana asking "Do you like it?" to someone "behind the scenes" as she looks at the red wig in the MV is so genius, it mirrors the behind the scenes people in the music industry that convinced her to make choices she didn't want to make. She was convinced and since she had a good heart she believed them, like all the other Hollywood starlets. But where did they end up? Dead in a box. Lana is saying NO not me and tbh as she should

But Lizzy was a Hollywood stan, she would choose blonde to be Marilyn

5 minutes ago, Good Intentions said:

But Lizzy was a Hollywood stan, she would choose blonde to be Marilyn

That's the entire point. In the video, on screen, she's showing what she actually did, and then behind the scenes she's showing the feelings of it. So Lizzy in actuality did choose the life of Lana Del Rey like all the women she idolizes (like Marilyn and the other women represented in the video who were looking for one thing but got another) but she recognizes that it was the wrong decision. She doesn't want to fall into her old ways which were the ways she sees these hollywood stars as acting as - if that makes sense 

3 hours ago, longtimeman said:

Yeah. I hate to shit on people's creative vision, but he took out every bit of personality, nuance and interset in her voice and performance, and created a couple of hits. Based on that, it's no wonder she doesn't care about chart success.

I do wish she cared a bit more though. Just one straight-up bop on each record ala Dont Call Me Angel, Doin' Time or High by the Beach. I love seeing Lana looking great, charting and everyone raving about her (as they should). Three albums without hits makes me a very sad boy 🥺

For anyone who still doesnt get the point of all the bts in Candy Necklace MV:

This MV isnt about "the story that happened within the MV"

This MV is about "how Lana Del Rey and her team MAKING a fictional story MV"

To put this in a simple way: The MV is about an MV within an MV. 

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

After watching this music video I interpret every single Lana song differently. Like I seriously think I can tie every song into this music video she's just a genius she really is I take back all the chemtrails slander  :thumb3: