Elle

Candy Necklace - Music Video [OUT NOW]

1 hour ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

After watching this music video I interpret every single Lana song differently. Like I seriously think I can tie every song into this music video she's just a genius she really is I take back all the chemtrails slander  :thumb3:

Chemtrails is such a fine little folk album. I just wish there were a few more great songs on it ala White Dress, and fewer blah songs on it like Breaking Up Slowly or For Free. Like, just two-three more songs and it would have been a great album. This way, it's just a solid 7/0.

The video somewhat reminds me of Björk's "Bachelorette" music video :popcorn: The idea of being like a MV inside a MV with all the BTS

─── ・ 。: *.☽ .* :。 ───

9.gif

You're the king mafia baby
I am the Queen of Alchemy

2 hours ago, Violets in Your Eyes said:

The video would be so much better if she didn't blatantly explain what she was going for. I feel like it was pretty easy to understand, but having her spoon feed the meaning to the audience as if we're stupid is kind of offputting.

but some of them are really stupid tho.:lange:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

6 hours ago, Violets in Your Eyes said:

The video would be so much better if she didn't blatantly explain what she was going for. I feel like it was pretty easy to understand, but having her spoon feed the meaning to the audience as if we're stupid is kind of offputting.

Considering how many videos have appeared on Youtube trying to create a 'real' MV out of the 'real' footage, the explanation clearly wasn't enough to overcome lack of comprehension.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

7 hours ago, Violets in Your Eyes said:

I knda get your point but at the same time it really adds to the BTS concept, her actually explaining it to the crew

7 hours ago, Violets in Your Eyes said:

Unfortunately the majority of the public is stupid. She's been trying to hint at the meanings of things since the beginning of her career and nobody ever understood her without her having to explain it. I think she's become conditioned to that and so she pre-emptively explains things us superfans don't think she needs to explain. Imagine we saw Demi Lovato doing a whole glamorous Candy Necklace situation. We'd die laughing about it. So I feel like she always thinks about what the public thinks unfortunately

(Yes this may be a reach and a bit of a psychoanalysis but again she's explained all this in interviews so I think we can apply it to her actions)

13 minutes ago, Rico25 said:

I knda get your point but at the same time it really adds to the BTS concept, her actually explaining it to the crew

Exactly you get it. It's like. She's explaining herself to these people but because of her cute bubbly persona and glamorous looks she's not being taken seriously by them. Since the beginning of the video, she's trying to talk about things and they're saying they don't even remember the name of her music video where she skateboards (one of the NFR videos, cant remember rn). The entire thing is symbolism. She's representing the lives of these other Hollywood stars because she sees herself in them. She's acting out how she feels a star would feel and relating to that in a way, as well as using it to make a point. The entire thing is so big brain to me 

Sorry if it's already been discussed, but what stars is she portraying in this video? Obviously Marilyn Monroe, but anyone else? Or did she reference herself in past videos, like Elle posted on the LB instagram account? (If she did, then I was too stupid to draw all the connections lol)

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

4 minutes ago, Beautiful Loser said:

Sorry if it's already been discussed, but what stars is she portraying in this video? Obviously Marilyn Monroe, but anyone else? Or did she reference herself in past videos, like Elle posted on the LB instagram account? (If she did, then I was too stupid to draw all the connections lol)

There was Elizabeth Short for sure (aka The Black Dahlia). Veronica Lake when she wears the cape in the alley. I guess Priscilla Presley at the end. I think that many stars can also be her from her passed eras. 

1 minute ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

There was Elizabeth Short for sure (aka The Black Dahlia). Veronica Lake when she wears the cape in the alley. I guess Priscilla Presley at the end. I think that many stars can also be her from her passed eras. 

Thank you! :heart:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

1 hour ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I think there's a definite touch of classic-era Rita Hayworth too, as in her famous 'Put the Blame on Mame' number from 'Gilda.' 

Edited by Vertimus
That's MAME, not MATE. F****ing iMac.

8 hours ago, Violets in Your Eyes said:

The general public is v stupid. It was needed

8 hours ago, Violets in Your Eyes said:

is that they are, honey. :smokes3:

59 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Guyssss it isn't one or the other. She's representing herself WITHIN the story of these Hollywood starlets. She's using their separate unique stories to explain the different parts of herself that maybe can't be expressed completely from her point of view, since she's often very influenced by old Hollywood starlets specifically

2 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

It’s honestly one of her best MV, one that elevates the song even more.

i loved CN from day one, but since the MV is out, I love to play on repeat. 

I don't even need to play it, my brain just randomly goes "white fiiiiire, cinnamon on my teeeeth and IIIII'm" and I know it'll stay like that for the rest of the day. I think it's been two weeks now. :defeated:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

On 5/10/2023 at 9:09 AM, rural legend said:

Ok, I am usually the last person to get involved in the pointless back-and-forth's about someone's artistic vision and someone's subjective reaction to that very vision but believe me it is POSSIBLE to GET IT and still be able to experience a thought process in which you might wonder how things could have played out had the artist gone with a different direction of explaining their vision. 

I get that you get it and I get that you love it but do you get that I get it and do you get that I might have a different opinion?

Glad someone is saying this!  Lana punk'd her fans with this video! Every time the camera moves in and I think the story is going to begin . . . punk'd again! The camera moves out and we have to see the crew, camera, and mics! Especially I resent the car scene at the start. I didn't know how much I want to "suspend disbelief" and lose myself in a scene until the camera pulls back and you see the guy pumping the hood to make the car look real life like it is bobbing up and down while driving. Yes, I feel burned!

Tom Hanks famously said "there is no industry like the film industry which gives away all its trade secrets" because Castaway was promoted using special effects behind the scenes.

specialeffects_hanks1.jpgspecialeffects_hanks2.jpg

so Tom Hanks was angry. So am I about Lana's video. It's another Lana video I watched once and never again!

BTW, researching for this post, it appears Hanks just wrote a "novel" about the film industry. Haven't read a book cover-to-cover in years, but I might have to make time for this one! "Novel" is industry-speak for "expose, but your lawsuit against me won't hold up in court." Tom Hanks wrote an expose. There is going to be tea. But, he doesn't want to get sued, so he's calling it a "novel."