Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,052 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

Grandfather still a fucking legend and highlight as well. This album is a true return to form. Another defining moment in her catalog. Crazy how she continues to do this so effortlessly.

Just now, taco truck said:

GP cares about his opinion, him and pitchfork are pretty much what people look up when they look up reviews for an album so it is important!!!! I do think he will give her a 7, that’s what he gives most really good pop records:bebe:

I can assure you 90% of the population does not go and look up reviews of music to determine if they should listen to it this ain’t the 1970’s 

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

Grandfather is another incredible power building with an incredible build. Her vocals just soar in this song. It makes you feel like you're flying just listening to it. This is another one with a bit of a nostalgia factor to me, as it reminds me to the music I listened to prior to discovering Lana in 2012 - Jem, Regina Spektor, Inara George, etc.. that indie/folk/alt-pop combo that I still adore so much. The intro and outro line... incredible. I love this one so much too. Ugh. Every song is my favourite. How on earth am I going to decide how to rank the tracks?? 

Now onto Let The Light In, which I had such fun shimmying & swaying to at the listening party.. x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

6 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Well, first of all, it sounds sooo much better in HQ!

I hereby vow to all of you that I'll never listen to a leak again. 

Secondly, it's her best album since Norman. 

Same! Never again (I didn't learn from NFR back then :toofunny:) AND I also agree with the ranking! Oh my god. It's all flip flopping between UV and Ocean Blvd for me but I haven't even had enough time to fully absorb this album omg.

2 minutes ago, Mer said:

Me, a part European part Middle Eastern male, screaming "regrettably a white woman" while driving down ocean boulevard 

asdf-movie.gif

why are you me

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...

2 minutes ago, taco truck said:

Pitchfork gave her best new music and an 8.3 and that’s all that matters:blush3: (hopefully Anthony fantano gives her a 7+)

no freaking wayyy!!!! I thought it'd be Best New Album at 8.1 max, but they went ahead with 8.3! Damn! It's the second best reviewed album of her career. She ate, we won!

Let The Light In still a classic. When it leaked I couldn’t stop playing it. Still see many many spins post official release. Just flows so well. Is such a vibe. Just really envelops you and lets you get lost in it. So smooth!

1 minute ago, luminom said:

that baldie can rot tbh

I think he's harsh but ultimately pretty fair with her. he recognises her talent but has less tolerance for the imperfections than we (her fans) have. Like I hear her sing a verse off key and im like "ItS oN puRpoSe" whereas he just says its sloppy.

I always value his opinion and think he WANTS to like lana, and he's been really into the three singles so far.

I totally disagree with his opinions of her earlier music though...

yes I KNOWWWWW im opening myself up to the lanaboards firing squad for not condemning him but I can have an opinion right? :ohno: