Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,052 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

I truly love Margaret. I know this track was one that people were less-excited for, but I didn't have any particular expectations about it. I also really love Jack & Lana's voices together, and the fact that they're so close makes the sentiment of this song even sweeter. A love song for a friend about his love. This is another one that makes me smile and want to sway around with friends or a love, just taking in that sweet moment of knowing when you know! Sometimes it really is as simple as that. When you know you know. & if you don't know, that's okay too, it'll eventually find you!

I also love the sing-song-spoken outro.. so fun. This would be a great song to hear live from the two of them at a cozy venue. The instrumental outro is also stunning. It reminds me of something I'd hear at the end of a happily-ever-after film, and I mean that in a good way. 

Now onto Fishtail.. x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Just now, The Grants said:

jack voice is even enjoyable omg i guess that anti hero remix left us all traumatized 

Yes except for that “running running running” part, that sounds so disgusting to me

Do I contradict myself? Very well then, I contradict myself; I am large - I contain multitudes

:justride:

1 minute ago, The Grants said:

jack voice is even enjoyable omg i guess that anti hero remix left us all traumatized 

:deadbanana: i like his remix better than the OG

im still not sure about Candy Necklace. Apart from that, I enjoy all the songs, but the interludes shouldve just been cut altogether, they add nothing to the album

image.png

Kintsugi was also a bad choice to put after the John batiste interlude😭😭😭 these interludes lowkey really fuck up the pacing imo

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Just now, rosemead ramada said:

maybe she doesn't want people listening to the song :gasp:

It’s effective then, lol… I was sitting there totally vibing until that part came in. I’m also on edibles so it was pretty startling. I mean I knew from posts earlier here she did something with the word “mother” but I wasn’t expecting it to sound like THAT

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

2 minutes ago, taco truck said:

It just obviously sounds like it was supposed to transition into whatever the “glitch pop” song was with glitchy piano and then it goes straight into this very deep haunting piano which is really weird😭😭

hmm I guess but Ocean Blvd ends with a similar little glitch sound and then goes into sweet - I kinda think its cool. to me it sounds like she's listening to Judah on the radio, and the white noise/static gets louder until she turns it off (hence the little glitch sound) and falls onto the sofa, feeling suicidal when the haunting piano comes in. clearly I have a problem with justifying her poor artistic choices lol

2 minutes ago, taco truck said:

Please why wasn’t John Batiste interlude just added onto Candy Necklace as an outro we could’ve had TWO 7+ minute masterpieces😭

I will say I do prefer the interlude to the song itself so I’m not too mad - I’d like CN a lot more if she didn’t keep rhyming “restless” with “restless” randomly

To listen to Venice Bitch right after TT x VB is really nice, just fyi :brows:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

6 minutes ago, taco truck said:

Please why wasn’t John Batiste interlude just added onto Candy Necklace as an outro we could’ve had TWO 7+ minute masterpieces😭

literally said this a thousand times, it would be so much better, especially if they added a few more of jon's "candy necklaces" humming over the outro.

Fishtail - a bop! I remember everyone instantly grooving to this one at the listening party once that beat drop - and what a killer drop it is! As much as I love Lana's natural voice, the auto-tune adds such a special flair. It actually suits her in songs like this quite well, like with Cinnamon Girl & TJF. Such a fun song.

Now onto Peppers, one I was going OFF to at the listening party.. x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS