Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,052 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

before u talk, let me stop what ur saying, i know, i know, i know that u hate me :gclap:

i'm surprised critics didn't notice that line is about them. like.... did you not listen? no criticism for that one, huh? pussies.

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Just now, Let the Light In said:

Maybe censoring [cop] and [mother] is a statement. She doesn't want to have their name coming from  her mouth.

99% of everyone will never believe that lyric is "Got a [cop] who turned..." and not "God's a charlatan" despite the evidence :derpna2:

Mer's ranking after first official listen: 

Spoiler
  1. Grandfather, please stand on the shoulders of my father while he’s deep-sea fishing 
  2. Fishtail
  3. A&W
  4. Let The Light In
  5. Fingertips
  6. Taco Truck x VB
  7. Candy Necklace
  8. Peppers
  9. Margaret
  10. Paris, Texas
  11. The Grants
  12. Did You Know 
  13. Judah Smith Interlude 
  14. Sweet 
  15. Kintsugi
  16. John Batiste Interlude

Still struggling with some, because songs like Peppers, Taco Truck, Margaret and Paris, Texas I'll probably replay more than Fingertips and Candy Necklace--even tho I think the latter are much more interesting and enchanting. 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

Peppers - this song is fckn WILD!! In the best way!! A friend I met at the party & I were dancing like crazies too this song, as it deserves to be danced to. I caught Tommy Genesis's show in Oakland CA almost exactly 4 years ago now, and if you would have told me she would later be featured on a Lana record, I wouldn't have believed you.. I couldn't have ever imagined how their styles would have worked together, but they do in the most unexpectedly wonderful way. I am very, very, VERY pleasantly surprised by this one. Love.

I was also mentioned to a friend after the party that it seems a lot of weird/unique-sounding(?) songs repeat the phrase "I'm in love" (West Coast - LDR / FROOT - Marina) and sometimes that's what the experience of being in love is like. Weird, unique, unexplainable.. but it just makes sense sometimes, even if it doesn't to anyone else.

DJ, please play this at the club. I'm tired of dancing to random male-led trap music, sorry. We need a powerful duo bop and this is it!!

Now onto the last song.. Taco Truck x VB... I can't believe this record is coming to a close. It's filled with so much substance, yet has gone by so quickly!! I'm not ready for it to end! x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS