Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,052 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

1 minute ago, past the bushes said:

i call it recycling

shawn-mendez-gay-hands.gif

Spoiler

that gif always makes me a little feral idk why :air:

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

Just now, gorillagrippedcoochie said:

THATS WHAT I WAS GONNA SAY BUT I DIDN'T WANT TO BE HARASSED FOR MY OPINION :twirls:

I can assure you no one is going to harass you for liking the album…:bebe:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

What an incredible way to end a record. You know, pretty early on in the pre-release I predicted that the closing track would be one of the wordier ones, taking the final minutes to get out all that she wanted to say before it came to a close. Though I was somewhat wrong, I'd also like to think that I was somewhat right. 

Sometimes there really isn't more to be said, except for what already has been said.

I think motioning that sentiment by repeating the care-free, fun-loving lines of Venice Bitch that we already know and love with some new ad-libs is brilliant.

She said so much on this record - she got raw, she got personal - more than ever before, in my opinion. So, why not close the whole thing by shaking the heaviness off and transitioning into a remix of one of her most iconic songs?

I think by not saying anything more at all and rather choosing to reminisce on a lighter note, she silently reiterated some of the most important lyric lessons that she wanted to stress from the record - 

"I'm meaning to say, that there's nothing to do except know that this is how the light gets in"

"I give myself two seconds to breathe and go back to being a serene queen. I just needed two seconds to be me."

"When you’re home, you’re home (Venice, California)"

"It's not about having someone to love me anymore, this is the experience of being an American Whore"

"When you leave all you take is your memories, and I’m gonna take mine of you with me"

So by saying nothing new at all, she really said so much. Again, this whole record contained so much personal storytelling, and I just think this is the perfect sendoff. Sort of a, here was my story, now it's over, let's have fun.

I also love the Taco Truck section of the song and while I do wish it was its own song, I think it transitions so well into Venice Bitch. I think I may even prefer this rendition to the original.

Also, I'm still dying at the fact she teased a lyric from this song to me over a year ago. No, I'm never going to shut up about it x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

3 minutes ago, bia said:

Just ended up first listen. Here’s my ranking with some comments:

1. A&W

2. Taco Truck x VB - very unpopular opinion: as I said and was crashed, I didn’t like NFR version of VB, but this new version saved this track for me. I liked much more than Taco truck part and NFR VB, at least on the first listen. She says she can be violent on the track. I think she’s referencing Ultraviolence

3. Let The Light In - so beautiful, I think it would make a great single

4. Peppers - I wish she sang more, specially on the chorus, and leave less for that Angelina Jolie singer 

5. Grandfather

6. Candy Necklace - as in several recent songs from her, I REAAALLY miss a bridge in this beautiful song

7. Fingertips - I was very wowed with the lyrics. So heavy it may need time to digest. But it ranked way above I thought it would. The song is beautiful and I like heavy lyrics

8. Margaret - I liked Jacks voice but man if it is hard to understand what Lana says, i this man is twice harder lol

9. Sweet - it got me when she sings similarly to the most beautiful part of Wait For Life

10. The Grants - this song is VERY hard for me to listen, because I lost my beloved dad a few months ago. It has very a beautiful melody, specially in the verses

11. Paris, Texas - I feel a tense energy in this song. it sounds familiar but don’t remember where from

12. Fishtail - disappointed to this one. May grow. Everybody’s comparing to Cherry and I didn’t like Cherry at first so…

13. Jon Baptiste

14. OB

15. Kintsugi

16. Judah Smith - I feel like she’s kinda mocking the speaker and also being ironic with the end being he’s talking about himself…

“less for that angelina jolie singer” omg the disrespect 

Wow that was heavy. Taking it in.

first thoughts -

loved candy necklace

loved a&w and Judah back To back

love peppers 

fingertips I wish I could hear her clearer so bad, but wow need to soak that in 

sweet was better than I thought 

I like jacks voice

Album was long and very dark and a whole experience as a whole 

Not even sure what song to replay as individual yet,

they all go together 
Some fuzzy mixing but I think intentional vibe?