Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,052 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

Wow. I can't believe I just finished my first personal listen of the record. I know it's so soon, but I'm already ready to declare this as her best album. Though Ultraviolence will always be my personal favourite mostly because I have so many memories with it and meaning built into the songs over the past 9 years, it's undeniable that this record is an absolute masterpiece. So much was said. So much was done! There was a great variety - it was raw, personal, unexpected, even shocking at times! A jaw-dropper in multiple ways.

Again, I've been awake for over 40 hours now so I apologise if this post and my live-listen reactions sounded kind of jumbled and worded poorly, but I think even if I had been well-rested it still wouldn't have improved my ability much to find what to say. I have so many thoughts that I can't yet articulate. This record is a lot to take in, in a very good way. Right now, really all I can say is wow. Wow wow wow. Miss Del Rey has done it again, always outdoing herself.

I'll have to come back here later today to write my full thoughts and of course give my ranking after a couple more listens, actually probably in a week for that since already I have no idea how I'm even going to begin ranking these songs. Seriously, at the listening party I kept going "oh, this is my new favourite" and I felt the same way after this personal listen.

Love her. Love the record. Love you guys.

I can't believe we're finally here. It's a beautiful day to be a Lana fan, as is almost every day x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Not a fan of Sweet. I hope it will grow on me but we will see. I love the different woman / basic bitch lyric but the melody of the entire song is just meh. Don't arrest me please. Still got 7 more songs to listen to, wanted to wait till I could get stoned lmao

Lana Del Rey, Maggie Lindemann, Banks, Melanie Martinez, & Taylor Momsen are my guardian angels 

1 minute ago, Elle said:

Wow. I can't believe I just finished my first personal listen of the record. I know it's so soon, but I'm already ready to declare this as her best album. Though Ultraviolence will always be my personal favourite mostly because I have so many memories with it and meaning built into the songs over the past 9 years, it's undeniable that this record is an absolute masterpiece. So much was said. So much was done! There was a great variety - it was raw, personal, unexpected, even shocking at times! A jaw-dropper in multiple ways.

Again, I've been awake for over 40 hours now so I apologise if this post and my live-listen reactions sounded kind of jumbled and worded poorly, but I think even if I had been well-rested it still wouldn't have improved my ability much to find what to say. I have so many thoughts that I can't yet articulate. This record is a lot to take in, in a very good way. Right now, really all I can say is wow. Wow wow wow. Miss Del Rey has done it again, always outdoing herself.

I'll have to come back here later today to write my full thoughts and of course give my ranking after a couple more listens, actually probably in a week for that since already I have no idea how I'm even going to begin ranking these songs. Seriously, at the listening party I kept going "oh, this is my new favourite" and I felt the same way after this personal listen.

Love her. Love the record. Love you guys.

I can't believe we're finally here. It's a beautiful day to be a Lana fan, as is almost every day x

and we love you :kiss: so grateful for everything you do for this fandom and all the work and time you put into it. Now GET SOME BEAUTY SLEEP 😴

Lana Del Rey, Maggie Lindemann, Banks, Melanie Martinez, & Taylor Momsen are my guardian angels 

HIGHLIGHTS (not including singles)

paris, texas 

fishtail

peppers

sweet

taco truck

Least fav:

kintsugi (gonna take me a few listens)

☆Credit Card Romancer♡61488ea977a6ef5ebcd368bc55c9dc5c6cf8ccf7

Wtf, I’ve been waiting until midnight (it’s 10:44 for me right now) and the album is already out ??! I fucking missed it :wowcry: :trisha:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°