Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,052 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

1 minute ago, shadesofearthquakes said:

A&W feels shorter than Margaret 💀 

TRUE LMAO

giphy.gif

"𝒹𝑜𝓃𝓉 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝓂𝑒, 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝓊𝓃𝓃𝑒𝓁 𝓊𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 𝑜𝒸𝑒𝒶𝓃 𝒷𝓁𝓋𝒹"

instagram

Just now, lannisterpussy said:

and what if i said jon batiste interlude is one of my favourite things lana has ever done and is top 20 in lana’s discography? what then? do you ostracise me? ‘cancel’ ‘me? or embrace me with open arms?

It’s not that big of a deal girly

giphy.gif

"𝒹𝑜𝓃𝓉 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝓂𝑒, 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝓊𝓃𝓃𝑒𝓁 𝓊𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 𝑜𝒸𝑒𝒶𝓃 𝒷𝓁𝓋𝒹"

instagram

2 minutes ago, nosorangegrape said:

Sweet is just another iM nOt LiKE oThEr gIRls track. She's not the typical LA girl so...whatnow.gif

i mean, there's that *one* line yeah, but i take it as funny if anything

it's really the melodies /sound i'm in it for with Sweet though. jesus it just sounds so classic:trisha:as if it was ripped from the great american songbook

no hate tho bestie sjfhbsjd you do you <333

ALSO for fellow Sweet fans, it reminds me sm of this!!THE PIANO!!!

Okay, I caved and decided I had to listen tonight. I'm on Let the Light In. Wow. This album isn't hitting me with the immediacy that NFR! did, but there's something deeper and more special about it. The song structures are so unconventional and strange, and even on the songs that are the most "conventional," there's still something uncanny about it all - strange instrumentation, strange backing vocals. I can tell this is going to be an album that is just going to get deeper and deeper with each listen and I cannot wait to spend time with it. Wow. Even as a COCC and BB lover, there's something so different about DYKTTATUOB that really sets it apart.

~*Contemplating at Costco the Santa Clarita fires.*~

Wow… I’ve done a full listen and gone back over a few tracks. I was speechless almost the whole time. I see why she organized the album as it is, she’s contemplating life, death, her family, and loved ones in the beginning. Then theres an underlying theme of her wanting to find love and struggling with her sexuality and her relationships and her religion. I think it’s her most personal work to date. By the end of the album, she’s looking on the brighter side of life, feeling secure in her own. I haven’t fully digested it yet, it is one of her most gut wrenching albums in my opinion. Candy necklace is immediately one of my favorite songs ever made by anyone, taco truck x vb was so fun and I thought it was a very interesting place to leave off the album, I wonder if it’s a taste of what’s to come.

7 minutes ago, SarcasticBeauty said:

This is going to get me a lot of hate but I just want to say it.

I love Lana. She'll always get a top priority listen for me. But for me, she's just gotten more and more slow boring. Many of her melodies have no actual musical to them anymore. It's like she's writing poetry and just singing it. Lyrically, its great. But melodically... its a run on. With that being said, I enjoyed the album but I don't love it. I think the latter half (other than the jimmy jimmy cocoa puff part of A&W) has the better sound.

Strongs of the album to me were: Fishtail, Taco Truckx VB, Let the Light in, Paris, Texis, Peppers

Like this is the same lady who gave us Never Let Me Go, Queen of Disaster, Ridin,  JFK, Live or Die, Caught You Boy, Heavy Hitter and these are just random songs I'm naming. I just wish she would experiment more again. 

Anyway, I do like the album. It's more personal and the as I've said before, the lyrics are haunting, beautiful, and meaningful.

I just woke up on the couch so I haven't even heard it yet. I love Lana's voice but I have been concerned about what her musical approach would be. Writing poetry and singing it. I get what you're saying there.