Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,059 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

45 minutes ago, mrborntolose said:

fingertips is such a frustrating listen. not a fan at alll. but the rest of the album minus the interludes is great. def need time with this album but shaping up to be up there with honeymoon

current faves are paris, texas grandfather taco truck (the singles) and peppers + fishtail and let the light in omg!!!

now wait a minute that john batiste interlude C3-ED7-BFA-E382-458-F-89-BC-D47758203-BA

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

current things im obsessing over in this album:

- her voice on the line: " I'll give you a blanket, Your spirit can sit and watch TV by my side" in fingertips

- her lockjaw-vocal styling in candy necklace on the word "feelin super suicidal" and on Ocean Blvd "only silver mirrors running down the corridor". she sounds so numb and medicated, giving bell jar

- the reverby low end piano on the second "rockafella" line in candy necklace (2:24) and that strained string wailing in the background

- "I can be violent tooOOooOOoo (UGH)" moaning sound effect in the background of taco truck, at 1:01

thank you for coming to my ted talk

i finished the album... and......... :trisha::trisha::trisha::trisha::trisha::trisha::trisha::trisha::trisha::trisha::trisha::trisha::trisha::trisha::trisha::trisha: it was so beautiful. magical, emotional, and raw tracks topped off with fishtail, peppers, and taco truck x vb which totally caught me offguard i was DANCIINGGG!!!!!! i love how she did an album like that and ended it with those songs. A&W and the grants is still one of my favorites, but with some new favs like sweet, let the light in, gpsotsomfwhdsf, fishtail, peppers, and taco truck x VB it is extremely hard to rank the album and i will not be doing that anytime soon. the closing track ending with a venice bitch remix was something i was not expecting, even though the title says VB i didnt realize it meant venice bitch LOL, i loved it. not to mention the interludesss which were just something else man. lana never fails :usrs: 

well, its 2am so thats it im signing off :bye2:

0ee59aa49842db2f69a1f29fe8d0f75d.gif

・゚。★。゚・ 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐢'𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐬, 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡, 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐝𝐢𝐞-𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐝, 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 ・゚。★。゚・

paris, texas reminds me of monica bellucci's malena, where basically the town she lives in treats her like shit bc their husbands and men all wanna bed her, and w her husband being in the war, had to fend for herself to the point of selling herself, and only when the town could sully her reputation was the only time they treated her as a human, eventually. i haven't watched it in full, so maybe not fully nuanced, but it's a terrible lesson in how others and their jealousy can destroy. and it's terrible cus i'm not sure if it was meant to be like some tragedy, but maybe it's like a reflection of society and varying levels of awareness.

never let ur insecurity be used as a weapon to tear someone else down. work on that shit. drop that ugly ass behavior K5z2mAp.gif

UV/Honeymoon

5 minutes ago, jadee said:

i finished the album... and......... :trisha::trisha::trisha::trisha::trisha::trisha::trisha::trisha::trisha::trisha::trisha::trisha::trisha::trisha::trisha::trisha: it was so beautiful. magical, emotional, and raw tracks topped off with fishtail, peppers, and taco truck x vb which totally caught me offguard i was DANCIINGGG!!!!!! i love how she did an album like that and ended it with those songs. A&W and the grants is still one of my favorites, but with some new favs like sweet, let the light in, gpsotsomfwhdsf, fishtail, peppers, and taco truck x VB it is extremely hard to rank the album and i will not be doing that anytime soon. the closing track ending with a venice bitch remix was something i was not expecting, even though the title says VB i didnt realize it meant venice bitch LOL, i loved it. not to mention the interludesss which were just something else man. lana never fails :usrs: 

well, its 2am so thats it im signing off :bye2:

omg it must have been epic hearing the "aah aaah"s from VB kick in without expecting them

4 minutes ago, selfbeyondtheory said:

current things im obsessing over in this album:

- her voice on the line: " I'll give you a blanket, Your spirit can sit and watch TV by my side" in fingertips

- her lockjaw-vocal styling in candy necklace on the word "feelin super suicidal" and on Ocean Blvd "only silver mirrors running down the corridor". she sounds so numb and medicated, giving bell jar

- the reverby low end piano on the second "rockafella" line in candy necklace (2:24) and that strained string wailing in the background

- "I can be violent tooOOooOOoo (UGH)" moaning sound effect in the background of taco truck, at 1:01

thank you for coming to my ted talk

I'm currently obsessed with the line "sitting on the sofa feeling super suicidal!" Her best alliteration since "fresh out of fu*s, forever." I just wish the rest of the lyrics weren't virtually indecipherable. Like, what is "candy necklace"  metaphor supposed to be about?

Just now, Stoop Kid said:

Okay but I need you to like...sell fonts.

Asdhjkfklj thank you so much :trisha: I actually already do lmao, but this one is so special to me and it's going to be released on a huge foundry in June. So excited.

And to stay on topic, the more I listen to the record the more cohesive it feels to me. The aspect I dislike the most so far is the "dark" sound but I still ove that Lana does it. Let The Light In might be my pick

ZKcaooE.png

4 minutes ago, barttttender said:

LMAO! THIS RESPONSE... :lmao:

And, yes, definitely evident that the poster is high af.  Love it :D

I have a brand, and it's getting really high and considering lyrics and stylistic choices from an abstract perspective.

I have gotten more sane since Tropico, but I'm true to my craft. I come back because I appreciate that Lana's music creates conversations like this.

3 minutes ago, barttttender said:

I'm currently obsessed with the line "sitting on the sofa feeling super suicidal!"

i know you're being so serious but i can't help but feel your account is some sort of Harvard social experiment..

:brows::thumb3: