Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,059 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

The entire album is full of mastering issues with audio cracklings. These are not present on the leaked versions and Dolby Atmos which has a different mastering. Can someone who talks to Ben or anyone from her team report these PLEASE they are so bad. It's not streaming specific it's on spotify, yt, digital flac etc.

1 minute ago, yyxy said:

wait why is 'm*ther' censored in Fingertips, i don't understand her sometimes :toofloppy:

Is it censored on the cds/vinyl copies as well as the streaming?

Just now, HT71 said:

Is it censored on the cds/vinyl copies as well as the streaming?

the streaming versions, yes. idk about cds/vinyl. the leaked versions are audible

yyxy | youth youth by young | yyxy

4 minutes ago, yyxy said:

wait why is 'm*ther' censored in Fingertips, i don't understand her sometimes :toofloppy:

My theory is that since it’s a very sensitive topic and she says pretty bad stuff, she simply didn’t want to casual listeners (who will listen only on streaming services) to know that it’s her mother she’s talking about 

13.04.2018 Rome - Lana wore my hat! 

Dying by the hand of a foreign man, Happily
Calling out my name in the summer rain, Ciao amore

2 minutes ago, Fireffie said:

My theory is that since it’s a very sensitive topic and she says pretty bad stuff, she simply didn’t want to casual listeners (who will listen only on streaming services) to know that it’s her mother she’s talking about 

I listen on streaming, but am far from being a casual listener.

We have members who already have the vinyl, can they confirm if it is censored on vinyl. Streaming can be done at last minute and CD has a little more lead time too but if it is censored on the vinyl then that was decided quite a bit ago. the censor is a little off putting but fingertips is still one of the top tracks for me lol. I really hope physicals, vinyl primarily, do not have it.

6 minutes ago, Fireffie said:

this could def explain it, logical for sure. we know lana can be more random than logical sometimes though lol.

1 hour ago, blackestday89 said:

i think a&w , candy necklace and taco track are the most surprising songs on the album. i could imagine that she will further develop this sound on ldr 10.

kintsugi is already the most underrated song on the album.

NO BECAUSE I AGREE

Least fav is Margaret, I'm sorry but it feels like it doesn't really belong to the album as a whole, I mean, still nice, but

2 minutes ago, Yameena Khatri said:

Is it safe to say that this might be one of her most accessible album? 👀

Yeah, with long interludes, pastors preaching and lyrics like "feeling suicidal" and "fuck me to death, it's definitely more approachable than all that "su-su-su-summertime sadness" and "young and in love" shit