Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,059 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

7 minutes ago, guns and roses said:

someone said Paris, Texas is so Coraline coded and I literally haven't stopped thinking about how right they are since :hair:

One of my favorite movies of all time. Makes sense why I love Paris, Texas so much. 

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

So I tried to pay attention to lyrics as much as possible on first listen, but I’m just now reading the lyrics to Fingertips, and holy shit. I’m speechless. 

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

honestly, I don't even know where to properly begin with this album :crying5: it is her absolute best. the piano on paris, texas and candy necklace is so beautiful, i don't even have the words to describe the way it made me feel when i heard it for the first time other than it literally sounds like how the color aegean blue looks :kris: and judah smith interlude? ghostly, eerie, spectral, mysterious, strange etc, i felt like i was sitting in a church in a small town that's hiding some seriously fucked up shit :raven::stareney::oprah2: don't even get me started on grandfather and margaret :lange::oprah::angie: the vocals on grandfather are probably the best on the album. and margaret sounds like something an old man wrote for his wife of about 50 or so years :true::bliss: I could go on and on and on but I'll stop there :hottie:

😋🫶🏼

After first listen, the standout tracks are The Grants, Did you know…, A&W, Candy Necklace, Let the Light In, Margaret, and Fishtail.
I need more time with Taco Truck X VB but my first reaction is the beats feel a little cheap for the VB part. I also need more time with Sweet, Kintsugi, Fingertips, Grandfather, and Peppers (again the beats feel a little cheap? I don’t know how to describe it). 
I enjoyed the interludes. 
I did NOT like Paris, Texas :toofunny:

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

13 minutes ago, guns and roses said:

someone said Paris, Texas is so Coraline coded and I literally haven't stopped thinking about how right they are since :hair:

I felt the same way about Grandfather. The piano sounds like the music in the film :thumb2:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

3 minutes ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

Slander! I’m absolutely obsessed with this track!!

yes it is in my top 3 of the album. Obsessed. This is the goth in the verses i always wanted from her.

she made another picture for Candy Necklace. Any ideas?

its not simple its trigonometry on We Heart It

2 minutes ago, bluedealer said:

Margaret is very cute but putting it on her album... :eek: for me it should have stayed between them

I know it has been a favorite for many but for me personally, you spilled lol.