Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,059 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

Ive been reading Twitter, and holy fuck people are dense

how does this sound anything like cocc or bb.

BBs piano ballads are stale compared to the level we have on Ocean, and this is coming from someone who really enjoyed BB.

her writing is sublime here, and we get different levels of ballads with bops and everything in between.

I haven’t been able to listen to anything else and the album gets better after each listen

i want to listen to it on Spotify to give her the streams but I bought it on iTunes and with Dolby atmos it sounds amazing 

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

also margaret is so fucking cute :trisha:WHEN YOU KNOW YOU KNOW!!!! and her little speaking part…. 

and that part in peppers where it goes all surfy and psychedelic for like 30 seconds…. i’m gonna need a whole album like that i fear!

1 minute ago, whitelungswhitepalms said:

Ive been reading Twitter, and holy fuck people are dense

how does this sound anything like cocc or bb.

BBs piano ballads are stale compared to the level we have on Ocean, and this is coming from someone who really enjoyed BB.

her writing is sublime here, and we get different levels of ballads with bops and everything in between.

I haven’t been able to listen to anything else and the album gets better after each listen

i want to listen to it on Spotify to give her the streams but I bought it on iTunes and with Dolby atmos it sounds amazing 

It does sound like BB though and it was made during the same time…they have the exact same themes and a similar sound- only difference is the mastering etc 

1 minute ago, evalionisameme said:

It does sound like BB though and it was made during the same time…they have the exact same themes and a similar sound- only difference is the mastering etc 

the difference being that Ocean Blvd is actually good and fully realized and beautifully written and produced and has dimension and isn’t just half unreleased tracks :oprah3:

I haven't been on in a few days but do we know what the other surprises are she mentioned?

Tour?

Yes to Heaven release?

What about what BOZ mentioned before he went of Twitter? Was it just the Listening Party?

So many questions! Help!

Now that I’ve listened to it a lot of times, I think my opinion is mostly formed. Def one of my fav Lana albums, I love most of these songs. My favs are Fingertips, A&W, Kintsugi, The Grants, Title Track, Candy Necklace, Paris Texas, Let the Light In, Margaret, Peppers, Taco Truck x VB. So many fun and beautiful tracks, great production and vocals throughout. However, there are some things I really do not like about the album, starting off with Judah Smith. I’m sorry but I am not religious and I am just not down at all with giving this self righteous cishetero white man egomaniac a platform! That is so gross omg. Like why are you screaming are you OK Judah? Skip skip skip skip skip skip. A thousand times skip. I want to unlisten to this atrocious track and remove it from existence forever. The instrumental is nice though. In general I’m not in love with the religious themes on this album. Also, many heavy handed and cringe lyrics. “I’m not that smart but I have things to say”, “that’s why they call me Lanita”, “if you want some basic bitch go down to the Beverly Center to find her”. Major pick me vibes. I enjoy the kind of baroque fairy tail lullaby vibe that a lot of these songs have to an extent, but at times it all gets a little bit too syrupy for me. Like Sweet and Grandfather, I would have saved these tracks for when the Mouse comes calling and needs a song for a movie soundtrack. Or for that Broadway musical she was supposedly working on years ago. These songs are just overly sentimental and cutesy, Grandfather straight up sounds like Jesus camp music to me.  

So my skips are Judah, Sweet, and Grandfather. And despite some major bumps on the road, I think the album is an overall a home run. Really hope her Metacritic stays above an 80, and I feel she could have had Metacritic 90 if she had just removed a few of the cringe moments. But that’s always how it goes with Lana, we have to take the beauty with a side of chaos and cringe.

1 hour ago, lanitataco said:

runnin target their almost out of stock already bye how many they get 5?!?!

PSA the poster is part of the cover. its one sheet of paper.

whatever happened to lyric booklets?!!

IMG-6605.jpg

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...