Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,059 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

8 minutes ago, brandon said:

the difference being that Ocean Blvd is actually good and fully realized and beautifully written and produced and has dimension and isn’t just half unreleased tracks :oprah3:

I agree with you, but to be the devil’s advocate, I feel like it isn’t fair to diminish the album because it had leaked unreleased tracks on it. It’s not really Lana’s fault that they got leaked and that some fans listened to them before she could officially release them.  

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

4 minutes ago, lanitataco said:

PSA the poster is part of the cover. its one sheet of paper.

whatever happened to lyric booklets?!!

IMG-6605.jpg

Target has always done this. I always buy Lana’s CDs from them bc it’s most convenient and cheapest for me, and LFL and NFR both had a “poster” that was really just the booklet laid out on one sheet with the poster on the backside. It’s the worst of all worlds because you can’t flip through the booklet and the poster is too folded to even be displayable. 

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

8 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

It does sound like BB though and it was made during the same time…they have the exact same themes and a similar sound- only difference is the mastering etc 

I think if you’re equating a song with piano sounds like another song with piano then yes,

but if you’re comparing a song like kinstugi to beautiful, or sweet to lie down with me, or Violet to CN

thennnnnn I don’t think you’re really listening 

her thoughts are definitely more fully fleshed out on Ocean imo.

she sounds more inspired on ocean, and the Melodie’s are out of this word.

anyways no hate to you bb just using your response for my response <3

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

1 minute ago, evalionisameme said:

What’s everyone’s top 5? 
Mine is Candy necklace, Paris Texas, let the light in, Peppers and grandfather I think 

Grandfather

Fingertips

Let The Light In 

Fishtail

AW

as always subject to change.

1 minute ago, Urbanney said:

Target has always done this. I always buy Lana’s CD from them bc it’s most convenient and cheapest for me, and LFL and NFR both had a “poster” that was really just the booklet laid out on one sheet with the poster on the backside. It’s the worst of all worlds because you can’t flip through the booklet and the poster is too folded to even be displayable. 

can anyone confirm if the CDs from her site have a lyric booklet the target one just has a few photos and copyright info :trisha:

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...

Just now, whitelungswhitepalms said:

I think if you’re equating a song with piano sounds like another song with piano then yes,

but if you’re comparing a song like kinstugi to beautiful, or sweet to lie down with me, or Violet to CN

thennnnnn I don’t think you’re really listening 

her thoughts are definitely more fully fleshed out on Ocean imo.

she sounds more inspired on ocean, and the Melodie’s are out of this word.

anyways no hate to you bb just using your response for my response <3

I mean you could probably make a point saying that it’s more indebted to NFR in some ways because Jack and Lana reused a lot of stems and melodies here and there- but I still think the similarity applies.

I'm out of words. Last night was something else... I felt like flying high while laying on my bed, tears rolling down my cheeks. My thoughts are scattered everywhere so I will regain composture and give it a few more listens until I post how I really feel... right now I'm floored. Overwhelmed with emotions, all of them. I love this album already.

3 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

I agree with you, but to be the devil’s advocate, I feel like it isn’t fair to diminish the album because it had leaked unreleased tracks on it. It’s not really Lana’s fault that they got leaked and that some fans listened to them before she could officially release them.  

true! however idk to me it always felt like BB was a compilation of “tracks she really wanted to put out to tell her story” - tb/ww/bb , “songs she made during that time that didn’t have a home” - bbs/iyldwm/beautiful/etc, and “songs that she likes and the fans love that she could put on here to make it a full length album” - cb/thunder/nectar/etc

like i fully 1000% do not believe songs like thunder or nectar would be on the album if they had not leaked prior, ya know? 

okay this is my review, kind of essay

she never been so honest and open. she's sharing her story in strong directly way staying vulnerable and fragile woman but still being strong badass. we met her family story and we're getting deeper into her brain, personality, feelings, fears and nightmares.
The Grants is great opener and i can't imagine other song opening album. DYKTTATUOB of course is already classic and it’s nothing to say. Sweet is nice Disney-esque ballad and first dance love song. A&W is iconic and still fresh, aging like fine wine. interludes are useless and first time listening them was the last time cause they giving nothing to album. Candy Necklace is so dark, haunty and really beautiful. i adore piano arrangement on this track. i don't find myself listening often Kintsugi and Fingertips despite they are great tracks. they are the type of songs you must just have mood to listening them. but i really appreciate the way she shared her feelings and her story in these tracks. Paris, Texas sounds ethreally, like a great fairytale and old-fashioned in the positive meaning. sample is used in great way, the same as another track, Grandfather. when i heard instrumental which Grandfather samples, i already knew that's gonna be breathtaking, so stunning. LTLI sounds like predicted, great 70s/80s guitar track, really wonderful and FJM background vocals making song even more nostalgic and pleasant. Margaret is cute love song, it's good but album has better gems. now we have dark, sultry bop Fishtails and sexy, slutty, crazy Peppers. they are that bitches of album and again, samples are chef kiss. the last track is Taco Truck x VB and i adore this soft tropical latin retro vibe. kinda wish TT part was longer but VB part is great as well.
as i expected she's gonna doing that. it’s Lana so why we could get failure and bland bomb. album is so cohensive, honest, reflective but giving kind of light to life. as i said at the beginning she don't give a fuck and she literally saying "Nobody is gonna tell my story besides me". this is everything what BB wanted to be. album is great produced, great written (references to past albums tracks or one track on album is connecting to other one), great performed. she gave all her heart to this wonderful album.

6 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

What’s everyone’s top 5? 
Mine is Candy necklace, Paris Texas, let the light in, Peppers and grandfather I think 

Title track, A&W, Candy Necklace, Fingertips, Paris Texas rn

honorably Taco Truck and Peppers

9 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

What’s everyone’s top 5? 

let the light in, peppers, sweet, taco truck, and candy necklace :party: