Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,060 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

2 minutes ago, lanitataco said:

she was at #4 last night Kpop booting her down :trisha:

IMG-6616.png

Not to be a bully but who listens to kpop when you have LDR right there? ugh, tasteless

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

3 minutes ago, SuperMegaStan said:

pitchfork (83) has been added with allmusic (80). 80 with 13 revies in total :wat:

Damn, I thought pitchfork score was gonna boost the score up to 82/83 at least. 

The fact that midnight's received many 100's and Ocean Blvd hasn't... I like midnight but bffr 

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

I personally need more time with this album but objectively it is a triumph, she really did that. Current faves are Grandfather, A&W, Let The Light In, Peppers, Candy Necklace. Fishtail and Sweet are cute. Taco Truck Extended Version truthers rise up!!!! Also I don't mind the interludes, they're doing what they need to do, I see the vision there.

soon 😍🚀

1 minute ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

Damn, I thought pitchfork score was gonna boost the score up to 82 at least. 

The fact that midnight's received many 100's and Ocean Blvd hasn't... I like midnight but bffr 

i guess it's a lot of about narrative building and mass appealing with an "intellectual" twist would get the best critics score... 

tunnel is too introspective and distant from casual listener... so quite a lot of the mid reviewers are left confused... either by the interlude / the long piano ballads / the last three bops :deadbanana:

giphy.gif

This album isn’t an album for ugly bitches. Its for hot girls and gays. You aren’t gonna get it if you’re basic: go to the beverly center and listen to miley. This is for artists and dreamers and sexy weird people who are into philosophy and hot sex and being sad and aesthetic. Sexy piano bops arent for ugly girls. If you can’t shake your ass to these you probably just can’t shake your flat ass at all. Anyway this is magnus opus. Sayonara im about to drive up the coast and blast this because Im hot and deep and maybe a little shallow.

Happy streaming

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

2 minutes ago, Eat The Ducky Moss said:

Not sure if anyone has already mentioned it… but I wonder why she muted “mother” in the line “what kind of ‘mother’ was she…” in final release of Fingertips… Interesting.

I think its just because how personal the line is 

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...

3 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

love Taylor but are we really surprised when she's the biggest pop star to date

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...

4 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

cotcc has 4 100's and yet people snub it so it doesn't really matter 

Noah Fence but Margaret might be a skip, it reminds me of Taylor, whom I really dislike 

It might also be a grower, I'm not voting in this thread just yet

So far I think title track, A&W, Candy Necklace & Taco Truck are my favorite

I will most likely add Paris, Texas & Fishtail to the list but I need to digest haha, even Kintsugi

Ugh the album is so cohesive and yet provides so many different sounds

3 minutes ago, lanitataco said:

Madonna, Godney, Rihallah, I'm sorry sweeties that a cute ass bitch like this would even say that

3 minutes ago, lanitataco said:

real. like if a big outlet rated a taylor album super low? they’d be having to deal with the swifties and their snipers omg…

guys! i'm about to listen to the album since i finally have some time.. i'm so nervous and excited, can't wait to both cry and dance around in my room to the songs:trisha: all the reviews i have read on here are really making me think this may become one of my favourite albums by lana

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif