Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,052 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

I remember thinking that having Candy Necklace right in between two interludes was an odd choice when the tracklist first got announced, but it works so well. The Judah Smith interlude following A&W is such a powerful and poignant choice, and then it falls right into Candy Necklace. The Jon Batiste interlude follows Candy Necklace perfectly as well. I'm not usually one to go back and listen to the interludes just whenever, but I really think I'm going to do with the Jon interlude

imageproxy.jpg

2 minutes ago, lanitataco said:

only if theyre included in the mvs

Jon Batiste could be tbh :oprah3:

Just now, gothphetamine said:

The Jon one stresses me out 😭 bros so loud and eerie. I’m sure it’ll grow on me though 

I was walking home late at night when it came out, with my headphones on and yeah I felt like someone wanted to attack me at some point lmao

but it still slaps

When I heard the first seconds I was like "omg this song is gonna be GOOD" 

2 minutes ago, Churchome Rep said:

Wait for Life got taken off streaming :hdu:

Omfg it did. I wonder why. Maybe Sweet was just too powerful :clapback: No but fr I need it back:rollin:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

I really like how the interludes are placed. Going from A&W to Judah Smith fits. Then following Judah Smith Interlude, Candy Necklace. During my first listen I thought I was still on Candy Necklace as the Jon Batiste Interlude started. It flows so nicely and the placement was obviously intentional. 

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

i am half-way thru the album and all i gotta say is that i'm literally floored :air:

to start off: the grants. i saw some people on here say that they don't necessarily love the start of the song, and i really do not get that. i honestly absolutely love the beginning of it, the voices of the backup singers are soooooo beautiful <3 i really like the instrumental and the lyrics (especially at the end) almost made me cry while i was making my cocktail lol such a good intro to the album!

since i have heard the title track a few times now, all i gotta say is that it sounds soooooooo much better with the entire album/tracklist it's insane. i love this song even more atm.

i'm going to be honest though and say that sweet didn't hook me at first, BUT as the song progressed, i fell in love with it. and the fact that one part literally sounds like roses bloom for you?? omg :hdu: it is such a calm track, i really like it.

all i have to say about a&w is that it's still as phenomenal as when the day i heard it for the first time :hooker:

i was quite nervously excited for the judah smith interlude, mostly because i just felt i was going to like it lots, but the opinions on it here weren't the best for the most part and i can definitely see why. i think that this track may not be for everyone and i perfectly understand that, but personally i absolutely love it :cuteface: the instrumental is so mysterious and intriguing and stunning at the same time, and it really fits the pastor's speech. i was quite worried that it may seem out of place with the whole album or just not work with it at all, but all those worries disappeared after hearing it. i think it encapsulates the essence of the album sooooo well, from the words spoken to the instrumental of the interlude itself. i knew i was right being a judah smith interlude truther from day one :makeup:

and for candy necklace - i will admit, i did not have high hopes for this track at first when i heard the snippet lana posted, but omg it is still stuck in my head as i'm writing this essay :toofunny: i love this song lots! <3 lana and jon's voices sounds so good together too. i feel like it is a classic lana song from its core, the instrumental is magical!!! i also think that this song could become quite popular which i love for lana, she really deserves the praise ❤

so far these are the tracks i have listened to, and honestly this is making me soooooo excited to hear the rest :lange: this album is literally like a rollercoaster so far - one song makes you cry/emotional whereas the other makes you shake your ass and dance around... :brows: she really outdid herself this time, i'm soooo in love w the album even though i haven't even finished listening to it! <3

(btw i'm sorry if none of my ramblings make sense lol i'm like two cocktails deep at this point :crai:)

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif