Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,052 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

Just now, cominguplavender said:

ngl i have no idea who evan is please tell me 
i had thought she was dating mike like early in the making of the album and then they broke up and then she later started dating-ish jack

Evan Winiker, an old friend/bandmate of Jack (Antonoff). They've been photographed together recently and you can see him driving in the now deleted video of Lana looking at the rainbow

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

47 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

💀 well I’m sure a renaissance lover wouldn’t be able to appreciate lyrical genius anyway xoxo

your posts really are dumb take after dumb take :bye: 

ever tired of looking stupid ? it seems not

5 minutes ago, Jeanne Dielman said:

Fuck. 3/5 from The Telegraph. Flashes of brilliance, but Lana at her most self-indulgent. Lol. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/what-to-listen-to/depeche-mode-honour-dead-lana-del-rey-self-indulgent-weeks/

a lot of this is put together rather rudely:awk:

5 minutes ago, Jeanne Dielman said:

Fuck. 3/5 from The Telegraph. Flashes of brilliance, but Lana at her most self-indulgent. Lol. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/what-to-listen-to/depeche-mode-honour-dead-lana-del-rey-self-indulgent-weeks/

Self-indulgent seems like such reductive criticism for an album like this. It's literally a twisted journey to the center of her heart and mind, like it should be "self-indugent." She's exploring her soul with no filter and it's a sight to behold.

Just now, DCooper said:

Self-indulgent seems like such reductive criticism for an album like this. It's literally a twisted journey to the center of her heart and mind, like it should be "self-indugent." She's exploring her soul with no filter and it's a sight to behold.

right? music as an art form often is self-indulgent. that’s kinda one of the things about being a singer songwriter. sticking to a vision and telling a story that only you can tell.

giphy.gif

tbh spin, slant and telegraph's reviews read as MUCH worse than the 3/5 they gave so it could have been worse :air:

but honestly, "self-indulgent" is a critique is just so dumb just call it boring/bad or say something that you don't like about the songs and move on :rip: 

also a few of these reviews have just read very nastily and kinda personally which is really taking me back to pre 2019 lana reviews which im shocked about, i thought we left that behind :rip: 

2 minutes ago, DCooper said:

This line of criticism is why I feel that NFR! received such praise from mainstream critics and was universally heralded as her magnum opus. While it's certainly a spectacular album, it's the one in her discography (perhaps also Lust For Life) that, in my opinion, isn't made for herself first and foremost.