Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,060 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

I wouldn’t say any of the reviews have been nasty tbh, I do think the scoring to the reviews is odd though- some of the glowing reviews only have 70 or whatever and some of the reviews where they’re panning it are giving 3/5? Are they scared to make the score reflect the reviews lmao

2 minutes ago, honeymoon is alive said:

well, somehow lana predicted this reception from the critics and didn't care 

you guys are so dramatic is2g, were getting GOOD reviews and this forum is acting as if we have a 40 score on MC

image.png

7 minutes ago, DCooper said:

Self-indulgent seems like such reductive criticism for an album like this. It's literally a twisted journey to the center of her heart and mind, like it should be "self-indugent." She's exploring her soul with no filter and it's a sight to behold.

Well, I do agree with some parts of it, e.g.

Some of the lyrics are so conversationally baggy they appear to have been improvised on the spot, notably Kintsugi (an overstretched six minute metaphor about Japanese pottery being the secret of life) and Fingertips (five minutes 48 seconds of fretting about her family and the mystery of death).

"You wanted me sadder,” she sadly, sadly breathes on a sad little song about a man sadly not turning up for a date, and I wonder if there is anyone on earth who really does want her sadder? Indeed, is it possible to be any sadder than Lana Del Rey in a blue mood?"

oh i just know he is an incel :air:

1 minute ago, littleredpartydress said:

"You wanted me sadder,” she sadly, sadly breathes on a sad little song about a man sadly not turning up for a date, and I wonder if there is anyone on earth who really does want her sadder? Indeed, is it possible to be any sadder than Lana Del Rey in a blue mood?"

why did they assign a man who’s never been touched by a woman to review a lana album???

Just now, barttttender said:

Well, I do agree with some parts of it, e.g.

Some of the lyrics are so conversationally baggy they appear to have been improvised on the spot, notably Kintsugi (an overstretched six minute metaphor about Japanese pottery being the secret of life) and Fingertips (five minutes 48 seconds of fretting about her family and the mystery of death).

Sorry but a critic dismissing Fingertips tells me all I need to know :eek2:

14 minutes ago, Jeanne Dielman said:

Fuck. 3/5 from The Telegraph. Flashes of brilliance, but Lana at her most self-indulgent. Lol. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/what-to-listen-to/depeche-mode-honour-dead-lana-del-rey-self-indulgent-weeks/

This album will never go above 80, we receive a good review then a bad one 

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

2 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

If this album scores <80 on metacritic it's a crime against humanity 

it seems odd to me that it's so hard for her to stay above 80 w/ this album. Midnights cleared 85 so easily and that's honestly a piece of trash compared to this.

2 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

Omg I didn't even bother with the review after I saw the "self-indulgent" bs, but this is baaad. How could they publish that sentence and not feel stupid?

2 minutes ago, palemoonbaby said:

fact i didn't even finished listen pastor thing and after 2 minutes i skipped to Candy Necklace :omfg2:

it was big no for me:true:

kinda wanna listen to it while on a walk and get really creeped out or something

.~~* i never meant to hurt you baby, it's so hard to be good, in this world where you do what you know you shouldn't *~~.

Just now, honeymoon is alive said:

this album isn't for everyone, we have to be realistic and realize some people don't have the taste 

Yep. Like I've said a hundred times, this is definitely an album for the diehard Lana fans. Maybe it'll be a cult classic down the line. But the normies and casual listeners and even BTD stans are not going to get it. Oh well. This is her deepest album yet, and quite clearly a challenging listen for some people...

3 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

Why be so mean about it :toofunny:

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

3 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

this is pathetic :wtf3:

they have such a strong opinion on her and they refuse to change their mind at all

”I know I know I know you hate me” indeed 

"Don’t forget me"

whilst the curiously titled Grandfather Please Stand on the Shoulders of my Father While He’s Deep Sea Fishing challenges perceptions of her as an industry construct, “Frankenstein’s wet dream”, whilst calling for spiritual protection for herself and her family. 

thats not even the lyric :air:wtf