Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,059 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

1 minute ago, Rocket0212 said:

Literally any sh*t is getting a score over 75 now. Objectively this album is a 80 or 85 but if we compare it to something like MIDnights it' a 95. That's why fans are mad.

A pop girl with one of the worst discographies rn Demi Lovato got a 78 for her latest record and this one is 2 points higher so far.:flop:

yep, this is why. If BB got 80 on MC, Lana should not be having to fight to keep 80 with an album like Ocean Blvd. 

I get that it's a challenging album for people who aren't stans of Lana, but you can still admit it's brilliant, like ........ ? 

Just now, burthday kake said:

BABES:trisha:this is so cute<333 ily & am glad you're enjoying the album sm - tbh candy necklace is one of my faves& i cant help but think of u n our lanalysis  sometimes as i listen!!:krylie:

ily tooooo!! this album is perfect i hope you’re enjoying it too. been in love with it since i heard it, it’s all i’ve been playing :xcry: all i hear is ocean blvddd, it’s all that i plaaaay

2 minutes ago, Rocket0212 said:

Literally any sh*t is getting a score over 75 now. Objectively this album is a 80 or 85 but if we compare it to something like MIDnights it' a 95. That's why fans are mad.

A pop girl with one of the worst discographies rn Demi Lovato got a 78 for her latest record and this one is 2 points higher so far.:flop:

This is a good point but I think with actual number scores-fans have destroyed the concept- reviewers will rarely pan someone like ice spice even if they have a big enough platform- we need to start actualising scores to the reviews 

Jacks insta post is so sweet I do love that Lana has someone working with her that obviously just admires her so much:krylie:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Anyways, music is made to enjoy. Not everyone is going to like this album but that doesn't mean that their opinion is less valid. Because we're stans, we will always love what Lana releases. However, when reviewers take the lyrics out of context or can't comprehend the meaning of the song, this is when I can't justify their opinion. 

D.png

Caroline, what kind of mother was she to say I'd end up in institutions?
All I wanted to do was kiss Aaron Greene and sit by
The lake, twisting lime into the drinks that they made 
Have a babe at sixteen, the town I was wed in and die

these lyrics just crush my soul :crying4: to think how different lana’s life would have been, whether she’d be happier, the betrayal she mustve felt. i know she finally feels at peace but i can’t help but feel shes still mourning the shot she had at a simple life. 

6 minutes ago, JessicaAppleBottomJeans said:

It's quite sad. I've watched a few reaction videos and all of them seemed to only enjoy the ending tracks. I think the singles deceived general population 

there was one reaction video where he gives only 10/10 but cn 7/10, i was like When I Get An Exam And Don't Understand a Single Question - Señor GIF -  Pronounced GIF or JIF?

its not simple its trigonometry on We Heart It

This era just feels so GOOD I’m gonna cry like I think this is gonna be the first album since NFR that I feel like I’ve truly made memories with:trisha:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Just now, blackestday89 said:

there was one reaction video where he gives only 10/10 but cn 7/10, i was like When I Get An Exam And Don't Understand a Single Question - Señor GIF -  Pronounced GIF or JIF?

CN took me quite a few listens idk the transitions took me a sec to get with but now i love

.~~* i never meant to hurt you baby, it's so hard to be good, in this world where you do what you know you shouldn't *~~.

3 minutes ago, mlittle11 said:

Caroline, what kind of mother was she to say I'd end up in institutions?
All I wanted to do was kiss Aaron Greene and sit by
The lake, twisting lime into the drinks that they made 
Have a babe at sixteen, the town I was wed in and die

these lyrics just crush my soul :crying4: to think how different lana’s life would have been, whether she’d be happier, the betrayal she mustve felt. i know she finally feels at peace but i can’t help but feel shes still mourning the shot she had at a simple life. 

WAIT

she wanted a family and a child at sixteen? and her mother had a problem with that?

now i get why "me and my momma we don;t get along" :trisha: the dots are finally connecting oh my god

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

I can never wrap my head around the fact that some other gals can just release some stupid nonsensical mumbling over the mix of piano and cheap beats and get 10s and 9s from the critics while Lana releases a MASTERPIECE of an album like this and suddenly the critics are divided

please VARIETY GIVE HER A GODDAMN TEN

and Spin: Go fuck yourself (yeah y'all deserved this from Lana anyways lmao)

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing