Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,052 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

Can Paste, Exclaim and The AV club come thru with a 90/100?

And The NY Times, hello?

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

2 minutes ago, barttttender said:

That's your prerogative. To me, it's prolly the most self-indulgent song in her whole discography.

in what way??? its so vulnerable and sad. sure its about her but how is it self indulgent??

7 minutes ago, blackestday89 said:

this review from germany is horrible. here is the translation

News from Lana Del Rey: Botox for the ears

The American musician will release her new album Did You Know That There's a Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd on Friday

There's this song by Roy Orbison. It's one of his cheerful ones, he could do that too, although he was at his best when his heart was bleeding. In Lana, the same song, he is still in the preliminary stages. He is happy, but suspects that this could soon change: "Oh, beautiful Lana / I told my mama and my dad / What I had was the sweetest / And the neatest little girl in the world / (...) Whoa oh, Lana / Don't make me blue / Oh, oh Lana..."

"Don't make me blue" - in Roy Orbison's world that remained a pious wish, the tragedy inevitable. Orbison matches Lana Del Rey. Not musically, but the American nurtures her image from a world made up of ingredients from old Hollywood – like Lana Turner or Orbison's melancholy that's ready for the cinema. At the same time, the stage name of the musician, born Elizabeth Grant, refers to a car from the 1980s that couldn't be more average, the Ford Del Rey. A bowl for families with a Walmart loyalty card.

Placed in this way as an artificial figure, the 37-year-old tries to appear mysterious. However, their album Did You Know That There's a Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd, which will be released on Friday , shows that once again this is not possible. It could theoretically work. Dragging oneself dejectedly into the album, with a heavy heart – for whatever reason –, tearful, afraid to suffer. She could build on such a zero point, vary subjects and the music, grow in the attempt or at least fail dramatically. Not Del Rey.

Scraping mosquito legs

Her songs are and remain silent like her physiognomy, have the paralyzing effect of a botox injection, but have been trending for years - which is the only really mysterious thing about her. This also applies to the success of Taylor Swift, with whom Del Rey shares producer Jack Antonoff.

Meanwhile, the first quarter of the album is over: Meandering ballads dominate, weakly whispering vocals that scrape the surface like mosquito legs - in the last third of A&W she suddenly lets herself be carried away to a few beats that some pass for hip-hop would. Surprised by herself, she mumbles and sings, raps as much as she can. It seems to be about getting high.

After so much debauchery under Resting Pulse follows an audio document called Judah Smith Interlude - the recording of a preacher from Seattle, whose speech is accompanied by piano music. The audience's laughter on the sampled recording provides something of the album's serene climax.

An anesthesiologist at the piano

The middle section of the 16-piece work turns out to be a deep valley. Lana Del Rey whistles to comatose piano melodies, the seconds pass like hours.

Even with a strong will, a piece like Kintsugi cannot be glossed over as a pretty gem. And so it continues. Even a song with the weighty title of the Wim Wenders classic Paris, Texas dies in assertive mode, once again failing to care for the surface and prove any deeper meaning. The anesthetist at the piano can follow the template as well as he can.

Guests like Father John Misty, who also tends to be naturally weak, do not change the overall impression. In the jointly sung Let the Light In, the tempo increases a bit, but you already suspect that this will lead to the next exhaustion - and that's how it happens: Margaret, the following song, is again standing knockout

At this point you not only feel sorry for yourself, but also for Lana Del Rey. Almost stop. Her striving for depth, followed by failure like a shadow, almost affects you, it is difficult to bear in this dose and at this length. Her uneventful studies last up to seven minutes.

Roy Orbison, to get back to the beginning, wrote three mini-epics between heaven and hell, roller-coaster rides through broken hearts, during this period. Lana Del Rey remains the market for mobile phone sleep aids – nobody can outperform her there. Although, there is still the new U2 ... (Karl Fluch, March 24th, 2023)

why would i wanna read that

6 minutes ago, Americen Whore said:

Dinner’s here :gurl:59558-A64-963-E-42-C1-966-E-E8-C4-F267-E

waiting for Ajayii, Meyechel and Caitlin as well 

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Someone mentioned mommy is censored on their vinyl pressing—does this mean the true uncensored version of Fingertips only exists as a rosemeade exclusive baby?

On 2/24/2023 at 1:34 AM, Americanboy said:

Hairy assholes are better than smooth ones

omg i actually love the jon batiste interlude its so good im vibing :true:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

The way this album IS her boys for pele, complete with critics calling it overlong and self indulgent. I knew we were in for something special with this one. :wipe:

I have a theory: so you know how Lana said the interview shoot was one of the biggest “productions” she been on? There’s been a theme of consistent high concept and glamorous photo shoots, would it be crazy to think maybe she filmed some music videos at a few of these shoots? There’s quite a few this era, I think any more than we’ve ever gotten. The video producer being tagged in a lot of the posts makes me wonder if somethings coming. 

Y'ALL WE ARE EATING GOOD. Over 25M first day? SHE CAN SURPASS MILEY CYRUS :trisha:

this may be an upopular opinion but i love jack's voice on margaret :trisha: so good

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif