Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,060 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

Just now, Terrence Loves Me said:

i think it was bad idea to take llsd for  my first lsten ops, it sounds so beautful though . ah! 

this is why Lana added the interludes to scare y’all off drugs 

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

4 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

Ya I don’t get the hate for that interlude like, at worst it’s just a pleasant passage of music. There’s nothing BAD about it, you can say it’s maybe unnecessary on an 80 minute album but ? Skip it then :rip: 

right?? personally I’m a big fan of both interludes and at the same time I get why most people would decide to skip them. HOWEVER saying they are “some of the worse thing we’ll hear in our lives” is kind of a BIG stretch

and also for giving me Margaret

1 minute ago, Get Drunk said:

this is why Lana added the interludes to scare y’all off drugs 

my ex isnt as hot as he used to be, i won in my mind !!!1

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Just now, Yameena Khatri said:

I want the Fuck You and Slut ones

28 minutes ago, Brooklynbaby said:

I wanna change my insta bio can y’all drop some of your favourite lyrics please I can’t choose :heart:

My favorite line so far is “It’s a beautiful life. Remember that too for me.”

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

oh my god I just finished my first listening and I had the biggest disappointment in my life aghhh. The first half of the album was perfect and set the atmosphere so good. Candy Necklace... I JUST FELL IN LOVE WITH IT. It sounded so medieval just like Dragon Slayer. Jon Batiste interlude was cute and experimental and I respect that. But after the first half of the album, the atmosphere just faded away. It felt like a more mixtape than BB(I couldn't think that was possible).And  I was waiting Let The Light In to be so grand and big but it turned out to be a cute little love song (but still better than Margaret ofc). I think Let the Light In and Margaret are in the same veins and I don't see the reason why Margaret is on the tracklist. It's just less prettier version of Let the Light In. 

Venice Bitch sample felt like it was some kind of YouTube edit 🥸🥸  And I couldn't remember what the half of the songs sound like after I finished listening to the album. 

I am sure this album will grow on me. I know majority of the album needs to be listened more than just once because of how wordy it is and the way the production changes drastically between the songs. But these are just my first impression of the album and they may change drastically after I listen the album for the second time. 

and I am so excited to read this thread from the first page and see your reviews!!!

2 minutes ago, ShadesOfViolence said:

oh my god I just finished my first listening and I had the biggest disappointment in my life aghhh. The first half of the album was perfect and set the atmosphere so good. Candy Necklace... I JUST FELL IN LOVE WITH IT. It sounded so medieval just like Dragon Slayer. Jon Batiste interlude was cute and experimental and I respect that. But after the first half of the album, the atmosphere just faded away. It felt like a more mixtape than BB(I couldn't think that was possible).And  I was waiting Let The Light In to be so grand and big but it turned out to be a cute little love song (but still better than Margaret ofc). I think Let the Light In and Margaret are in the same veins and I don't see the reason why Margaret is on the tracklist. It's just less prettier version of Let the Light In. 

Venice Bitch sample felt like it was some kind of YouTube edit 🥸🥸  And I couldn't remember what the half of the songs sound like after I finished listening to the album. 

I am sure this album will grow on me. I know majority of the album needs to be listened more than just once because of how wordy it is and the way the production changes drastically between the songs. But these are just my first impression of the album and they may change drastically after I listen the album for the second time. 

and I am so excited to read this thread from the first page and see your reviews!!!

I felt that way at first too, a little disappointed don’t worry it grows on you! It’s a lot to hear at once. 

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

it was hard not to listen to A&W and TG before album release, but it was sooo worth it:trisha: Both tracks are in my top 5, for sure.

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy