Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,059 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

26 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

Ya I don’t get the hate for that interlude like, at worst it’s just a pleasant passage of music. There’s nothing BAD about it, you can say it’s maybe unnecessary on an 80 minute album but ? Skip it then :rip: 

Why is it getting hate?? When there is a full on 4 minute sermon recorded on an iPhone two tracks earlier. THAT is unnecessary lol. It's gorgeous like the emotion is so palpable and Jon Batiste is genuinely one of the most talented bandleaders alive today. I've always found the interludes to be self-indulgent for better or worse but this one is the best one she's ever done point blank period.

giphy.gif

the instrumental part between taco truck and vb gives me some video game ost vibes :oic3:

─── ・ 。: *.☽ .* :。 ───

9.gif

You're the king mafia baby
I am the Queen of Alchemy

1 minute ago, Rocket0212 said:

It's kinda funny how we were ''Pls less piano ballads'' after NFR and now we're on a third album in a row with about 60% of tracks being exactly that.:flop:

I'm at peace with it now and I enjoy these albums though.

Idrc about piano ballads when they’re done RIGHT ! and she did that on this album. like Grandfather… is such a spectacular song and shits on the piano ballads of the last 2. the piano ballads on this album are immediate classics :hottie:

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

1 minute ago, Cherry Blossom said:

Idrc about piano ballads when they’re done RIGHT ! and she did that on this album. like Grandfather… is such a spectacular song and shits on the piano ballads of the last 2. the piano ballads on this album are immediate classics :hottie:

some of the so called piano songs have so much depth. you can never compare candy necklace to beautiful. it is a whole new level.

its not simple its trigonometry on We Heart It

not much there to say but another amazing album

kintsugi “thats how the light gets in”

yeahcryc662t.gif

only “negatives” are i feel Peppers and Taco Truck feel unfinished. They’re both absolute GOLD but in Peppers theres such a good build up with “im in loooove” and the chorus lets it down. And Taco truck should have been a full song. The latin production is so sexy and beautiful. VB was totally unnecessary. 

top 5, at least for now:

1. A&W

2. Taco Truck x VB

3. The Grants

4. Peppers

5. Did You Know...

I think.

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

Also please tell me someone else also caught this (sorry if it was mentioned previously) but anyone else catch the little nod to “love song” in Let the Light In at the end of the second verse. I know it also flows with the song but I hope the nod was intentional 

#freetoedit #lana#lanadelrey#honeymoon

lana vaped into my heart...

2 minutes ago, yourman said:

not much there to say but another amazing album

kintsugi “thats how the light gets in”

yeahcryc662t.gif

only “negatives” are i feel Peppers and Taco Truck feel unfinished. They’re both absolute GOLD but in Peppers theres such a good build up with “im in loooove” and the chorus lets it down. And Taco truck should have been a full song. The latin production is so sexy and beautiful. VB was totally unnecessary. 

do u think she made first the whole song and it is leaking soon?

its not simple its trigonometry on We Heart It

I finally heard it :crying5:

All I'm gonna say right now is that I can't believe I was crying like a baby during Fingertips and half an hour later laughing my ass off with Taco Truck. Whew.

6 minutes ago, honeymoonave said:

Also please tell me someone else also caught this (sorry if it was mentioned previously) but anyone else catch the little nod to “love song” in Let the Light In at the end of the second verse. I know it also flows with the song but I hope the nod was intentional 

yes of course, clocked it on first listen and love it :wub: all the nods to NFR make so much sense, since it was the record that imo really full scale got her the critical respect she’d deserved since the beginning of her career. Sampling it all over this album, which is full of commentary on her public/media perception, is so clever and classic Lana.

aOaIzH2.gif

23 minutes ago, 13beachess said:

top 5, at least for now:

1. A&W

2. Taco Truck x VB

3. The Grants

4. Peppers

5. Did You Know...

I think.

The TASTE:nails:

literally my same top 5, except I think candy necklace is going to replace DYK for me:oop2: