Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,057 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

Just finished listening to Kintsugi, after I played The Grants and the title track and the rest through except A&W because I already overplayed that one and am skipping Judah Smith Interlude . . . I am purchasing the mp3s one by one on Amazon, because Judah Smith Interlude is a skip to me, audio unheard. Youtube has too many pops and pauses, and I do not subscribe to Apple, Spotify, or the other streaming services. Mp3 the way to go, for me . . .

As soon as Lana's voice started doing arpegios on "I'm sweet, bare feet" on Sweet, I pronounced, Album of the Year! Now, I'll pause and do my cleaning job for my absent neighbor before catching up..

Thanx so much for all your opinions! You can tell from my Likes I read through and enjoy them!

The poll results so far are surprising, given the amount of attention Kintsugi and Fingertips got in the pre-release :oopna2:

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

Just now, Mer said:

The poll results so far are surprising, given the amount of attention Kintsugi and Fingertips got in the pre-release :oopna2:

Seems like some people were lying about their love for those songs:tommy:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

1 minute ago, taco truck said:

Seems like some people were lying about their love for those songs:tommy:

Maybe next time we can stop asking insiders for their personal rankings, since it means very little to how the majority will find it :oopna2:

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

2 minutes ago, Mer said:

yeah but the majority loves the bangers and the melodic structured songs. i love cn, aw and taco truck.

its not simple its trigonometry on We Heart It

I'm somehow even more excited for the Candy Necklace video than I already was. Using the screen test as a visualizer is such a cool idea. It really reminds me of Marilyn Monroe's screentest for Something's Got To Give mixed with something straight out of a 1930s-40s noir film

imageproxy.jpg

"Caroline, what kind of [mother] was she to say I'd end up in institutions?" and

"What the fuck's wrong in your head to send me away, never to come back? Exotic places and people don't take the place of being your child"

really.. hit me :pout:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

the "i feel lucky" line is so obviously sarcastic but in such a painful way, she's trying to cover up all her pain and struggles by just pretending to be okay around her partner and other people. CN THE WOMAN THAT YOU ARE

Candy Necklace…UGH one of the few songs on this record about romantic relationships and she nailed it! The whole metaphor of CNs is just brilliant! So so so excited for the video! 

8Qg234E.gif