Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,056 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

1 minute ago, PaintTheSkyBlack said:

I would simply die for her to do Living Legend so we could all scream it at her. Our very own living legend :flutter:

OMG, this needs to happen! Now that one would be amazing live.

1 hour ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

Okay umm.. i have officially just listened to the entire record (after not having heard any singles or even snippets) and i .. um ... okay.. i want to THROW UP ma'am.. spAre paper towels???

first of all... ok this will not be my review because im a little ok prety.. very drunk and high.. and sumn else but this was too much.. but i have some issues that really pissed me off  with some of ya'lls comments after having heard it.. why were ya'll saying jacks voice was bad? i literally heard nothing wrong.. that song is stunning.

and maybe i just love alt music too much and am a little numb to "abstract" shit but the judah smith was kinda beauiful, like stream "the god" or some of ethel cains music cus this shit is childs play you little bitches(yea u fag boz) .. either way i fucking loved it.. and it wasn't scary like stop being .. ??

!11

i was so fuckoing gAGGED BY FISHTail and pEPPERS!!! PLEASE.. these songs are sp good.!! absolotely not one bad song on this album

like, i cant think of a bad song, every track felt so estabalished, and even my high ass couldn't figure out a fault,

this is literally any true lana stan could ask for in terms of QUALITY, idk what else a hater could want, its probably justt the fans that became fans since" norman" that dont like it because this is LANA in her back to basics form and im going to CUM YES GIRLIES

ok real review coming when i sober up <3

Hilarious. Glad you enjoyed it. Have a good orgasm. 

I thought Candy Necklace would just be cute/fun and was not prepared for it to metaphorically punch me in the fucking face :crying4: it’s haunting me the same way 13 Beaches did…I almost don’t want to listen to it because it hurts but I need to?? :crai:

‘Fucking God bless us all and let’s hope we make it through this.’
~LDR, Flaunt

Omg, Brady's reaction to Ocean Blvd is the best so far. Seeing him cry with Kintsugi was very touching. :icant:

Too bad Youtube apparently blocked his video. 

STAMPEDE (the duets album) - coming soon

TN8Axi7.png

12 minutes ago, Brooklynbaby said:

There’s something so dark and paradise-ish about candy necklace I feel like I’ve had this song for years not in a way it feels old or boring but in a sort of timeless way :pray2: 

Hide contents

That probably made no sense to anyone but it made sense to me xoxo

Right? Feels like a song right at home with UV or Paradise, but still feels so fresh. I’m so obsessed with it. Would love another darker sounding album from her, though Ocean Blvd had plenty of that for now. I love it 

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

2 minutes ago, Jeanne Dielman said:

Two observations

1: How tf do AP News and Alt Press not count for Metacritic?

2. Why is a publication called ‘Financial Times’ reviewing albums? :xgiggle:

ezgif-2-61df3cf70b84.gif

Peace by vengeance brings the end.

I know everyone is entitled to their opinion etc but I'm surprised at the amount of people on reddit who dislike this album. 

Someone said that it had yeehaw vibes and I'm sorry but... where? 

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

One thing that irritates me is when people don’t even give something a chance. This album wasn’t even been out 24 hours and people already decided it is boring. It literally has what people have been asking for but apparently it isn’t good enough lol. 

8 minutes ago, Doll Harlow said:

I know everyone is entitled to their opinion etc but I'm surprised at the amount of people on reddit who dislike this album. 

People are entitled to their opinions. I don't agree with the redditors but it is what it is. 

The album hasn't really grabbed me yet but I do go back a lot to the holy trinity from the album: AW, Paris Texas and Candy Necklace. 

I also asked around about the booklet for the album and nope she didn't put any lyrics or any effort into the art design, which means this is the first Lana album I am not physically buying. I will just buy the MP3 album on Amazon. It's just not worth me spending so much on a physical copy anymore. Too expensive for little effort in the artwork/booklet. :lanasrs:

28 minutes ago, margaret soty said:

Omg, Brady's reaction to Ocean Blvd is the best so far. Seeing him cry with Kintsugi was very touching. :icant:

Too bad Youtube apparently blocked his video. 

praying for the reupload

.~~* i never meant to hurt you baby, it's so hard to be good, in this world where you do what you know you shouldn't *~~.

1 minute ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

People are entitled to their opinions. I don't agree with the redditors but it is what it is. 

The album hasn't really grabbed me yet but I do go back a lot to the holy trinity from the album: AW, Paris Texas and Candy Necklace. 

I also asked around about the booklet for the album and nope she didn't put any lyrics or any effort into the art design, which means this is the first Lana album I am not physically buying. I will just buy the album on Amazon. It's just not worth me spending so much on a physical copy anymore. Too expensive for little effort in the artwork/booklet. :lanasrs:

yeah there are 7 songs i love and that is enough for me. i go also back to my holy trinity. Candy Necklace, Taco Truck and Fishtail

its not simple its trigonometry on We Heart It

10 minutes ago, Doll Harlow said:

The Lana subreddit has to be the most toxic place that exists for Lana discussion :bebe: