Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,052 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

4 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

The Lana subreddit has to be the most toxic place that exists for Lana discussion :bebe:

Wow. Just took a look again and I just read from one of the redditors that said they were tired of Lana singing about her family including Chuck's baby. I'm not repeating the exact words they used to described the poor baby but it was graphic. 

I keep thinking, why is Lana promoting CN so much? It's not a bad song, but personally I don't see it as having much potential to go viral either, and why music video for that same song? A&W had the potential to be a hit and have an iconic music video and Lana let it die. :pout:

That song has such a dark aura about it. :pout:

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

1 minute ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

I keep thinking, why is Lana promoting CN so much? It's not a bad song, but personally I don't see it as having much potential to go viral either, and why music video for that same song? A&W had the potential to be a hit and have an iconic music video and Lana let it die. :pout:

She is trying to impress David Lynch so he finally collabs with her on a tropico-length art film.:yesnod:

After the first 24 hours I’m now skipping The Grants (too emotional for me), OB (too boring :gasp:) and the interludes (boring as well). I really don’t think it’s a piano ballad album. It kinda reminds me of LFL. Also Margaret grew on me and grandfather decreased (but just a tiny bit)

6 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

I really think, for a long time actually, that Lana doesn’t care much about having successful singles. I mean, she chose the grants and now candy necklace as singles when the album has let the light in, peppers or even Margaret… it also applies to the MV… the homemade videos clearly aren’t for the general public. She does what she wants - and she has guts to do it

10 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

I think because Lana wants to promote the songs that are important to her and her vision, not ones that will just be popular

12 hours ago, PARADIXO said:

Wow, even Pitchfork's review was disappointing. Why are all these reviews so poorly written? 

The reference to "brownface" was honestly unhinged. Lana has never even worn brownface or darker foundation....like, if you want to accuse her of appropriating Latino culture, all right I guess, but that's literally not what brownface is lol. I don't mind the review overall but the inclusion of that line was sloppy and stupid. I blame the editor of the piece too for not catching that and having the writer clarify what she meant. It kinda felt like she said, "I need to include a line about Lana being problematic so I'm gonna link to some unhinged 2020 thinkpiece"

~*Contemplating at Costco the Santa Clarita fires.*~

Omg I just finished listening to the album :omg::wowcry::oprah4: 

Favourites: title track, Taco Truck, Candy Necklace, The Grants

It was definitely worth the wait not listening to the singles before the album :true: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2: