Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,059 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

Just now, Doll Harlow said:

I feel the same way, especially with the album ending with the VB throwback. Makes me so curious about how she's moving forward in her next album.

Exactly, and the last few tracks were definitely going in a different direction than the rest of the album. Call me delulu but I feel like there’s still something to look forward to

1 minute ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

Taylor helping Lana to be exposed to a wider audience, so sweet of her :wub:

Taylor has been promoting Lana since 2020 lol 

their friendship and creative relationship is so cute. i hope for more collabs in the future and really hope they release a full duet someday!

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, Offtotheraces01 said:

I mean it’s obviously a video test for something to come (hopefully not a blue banisters video situation) but nah it def seemed like something more. I notice there’s been a cinematographer tagged in a lot of posts with her team that date back so I feel there’s something up her sleeve.   

Hm I hope so. I mean, part of the visualizer with her mood changing from sad to faux-happy as soon as the camera is on with her struggling to keep up the act are pretty great and fit the track. A full video for CN would be dope though

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

okay so i have finally had time to sit with fingertips and read all the lyrics.

this might be her saddest song to date. i understand why some may not like it. but i personally think it’s one of her most revealing and moving songs ever. it’s up there with the grants. this album really sums up my life and headspace right now. not really knowing what’s going to happen to me in the future, trying to live in the moment, trying to grieve, trying to have fun, trying to make sense of it all, trying to figure out what went wrong. it feels like she’s holding up a mirror to me, and i really needed to hear a lot of these songs when i did. 

giphy.gif

Taylor really said if Lana isn't promoting it, I willl :toofunny:. She has campaigned for Lana since 2019 (When she wanted Lana to win that Grammy).

She has put Lana on her album having direct feature to get streams and exposure despite only barely being audible. Lana is also the only feature. And you can see how that has affected Lana. Ocean Blvd is full of unnecessary features tag.

Taylor has literally been promoting Lana more than Lana herself atp. She has shown nothing but love. (Yet somehow some Lana stans continue to attack Taylor, I would shut up even if I h*te her just saying).

37 minutes ago, Offtotheraces01 said:

Exactly, and the last few tracks were definitely going in a different direction than the rest of the album. Call me delulu but I feel like there’s still something to look forward to

That's not delulu at all. Lana always come through consistently with great music imo.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

Can i ask why so many people are hating on Margaret?

Personally it's one of my favs on the album lol 

maybe it's just my mood of the last couple of weeks but I really connect with the song and i find it to be really cute, especially the way lana describes the first encounter between jack and margaret - it makes me smile every time