Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,052 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

I know it's happening, I know it... but I canย notย believeย we are actually getting visuals for this album. And judging by the visualiser they're STUNNINGย :crai:

๐™ธ๐šโ€™๐šœ ๐š๐š’๐šŸ๐š’๐š—๐š ๐š๐š’๐š ๐š๐š›๐šŽ๐šŽ, ๐™ธ๐šโ€™๐šœ ๐š๐š’๐šŸ๐š’๐š—๐š ๐š‚๐šข๐š•๐šŸ๐š’๐šŠ ๐™ฟ๐š•๐šŠ๐š๐š‘

The interludes are definitely part of the experience.. and though Iโ€™d never listen to Judah smith individually.. Iโ€™d never skip on the album (and I prefer to listen to album start to finish rather than pick songs out)

ย 

sweet however.. is growing.. but still the weakest track for meย :bebe:

ย 

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty bluesย 

6 minutes ago, Cherry Blossom said:

Pin Up Galore

I Talk To Jesus

Paris, Texas

ย 

Lana give us that 30 minute short film music videoย :krylie:

What is the connection here?

3 minutes ago, Cherry Blossom said:

they all reference Alabamaย 

That's cute. I was thinking that another connection is Fordham Road & Paris Texas, they are both about leaving a place behind.

Just now, Creyk said:

That's cute. I was thinking that another connection is Fordham Road & Paris Texas, they are both about leaving a place behind.

Pawn Shop Blues also!ย 

Californ-I-A homeland of the Gods

Once I found my way

But now I am lost

I normally hate it when her songs go viral on tiktok, but now I lowkey wish for one of the songs on the album to do so, for the charts yk

Lana-del-rey-happy GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

๐šŠ๐š—๐š ๐š’๐š— ๐š๐š‘๐šŠ๐š ๐š–๐š˜๐š–๐šŽ๐š—๐š ๐š’ ๐š๐šŽ๐šŒ๐š’๐š๐šŽ๐š ๐š๐š˜ ๐š๐š˜ ๐š—๐š˜๐š๐š‘๐š’๐š—๐š, ๐šŠ๐š‹๐š˜๐šž๐š ๐šŽ๐šŸ๐šŽ๐š›๐šข๐š๐š‘๐š’๐š—๐š

Is the Juda Smith interlude a clapback at that cop? Talking about men in lust, wanting to have an affair - taking into consideration the alternate a&w verse she shared and the "you're a family man" line in The Grants..

4 minutes ago, OscarScheller said:

Is the Juda Smith interlude a clapback at that cop? Talking about men in lust, wanting to have an affair - taking into consideration the alternate a&w verse she shared and the "you're a family man" line in The Grants..

Yeah, i think narratively it ties to A&W.

He's preaching about people who fall into their temptations and do not appreciate what they have. So maybe it begs the question why should she be labeled the American Whore, when she's not the one commiting adultery.

Maybe there's an element of self punishment too, rememeber when she burned that "be a slut" New Years resolution?

I think it's very complicated and dense and maybe it's very conflicting in her own head too.

ย 

Then it goes into talking about God being the creator and basking in his glory and the glory of what he has created. And i think the closing line is very interesing too.

ย 

Idk, i'm not religious but i do find this kind of maniacal babble very intriguingย 

17 minutes ago, syrup amour said:

I normally hate it when her songs go viral on tiktok, but now I lowkey wish for one of the songs on the album to do so, for the charts yk

I think Peppers has the most potential to go viral tbh

5 minutes ago, MrFameKills said:

Yeah, i think narratively it ties to A&W.

He's preaching about people who fall into their temptations and do not appreciate what they have. So maybe it begs the question why should she be labeled the American Whore, when she's not the one commiting adultery.

Maybe there's an element of self punishment too, rememeber when she burned that "be a slut" New Years resolution?

I think it's very complicated and dense and maybe it's very conflicting in her own head too.

ย 

Then it goes into talking about God being the creator and basking in his glory and the glory of what he has created. And i think the closing line is very interesing too.

ย 

Idk, i'm not religious but i do find this kind of maniacal babble very intriguingย 

Yeah yeah I'm glad you get it! I just like how everything is intertwined. So iteresting

7 hours ago, #FreeCandyNecklace said:

The reference to "brownface" was honestly unhinged. Lana has never even worn brownface or darker foundation....like, if you want to accuse her of appropriating Latino culture, all right I guess, but that's literally not what brownface is lol. I don't mind the review overall but the inclusion of that line was sloppy and stupid. I blame the editor of the piece too for not catching that and having the writer clarify what she meant. It kinda felt like she said, "I need to include a line about Lana being problematic so I'm gonna link to some unhinged 2020 thinkpiece"

ย 

I mean, the review opens with a mention of the "I wish I was dead" interview. It's clear the interviewer was setting her up.

Flopped on streamingย redfacesu.gif. As expected with multiple unlistenable 6 minute songsย stuck together on top of full songs length unlistenableย interludes.

ย 

We need another version of the album without Kawasaki,ย Fingerclit, and those interludes ASAP. INTERSCOPE do your job. The album would smash without those songs.ย Ocean Blvd (lite edition).ย 
ย 

Itโ€™s literally so easy to make an ep without those songs quickly and just release it digitally.