Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,052 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

The album is sonically, melodically, vocally and lyrically more interesting than chemtrails and banisters combined and tripled, it's amazing. The songs sound fresh, inspired and it really stands close to Norman.

That said, judas interlude... hard skip. Gave it one listen, then banished it from my library, ain't no white out-of-breath man gonna preach on my Lana album, ironic or not. Waste of a good instrumental. 

2 minutes ago, cellophane said:

The album is sonically, melodically, vocally and lyrically more interesting than chemtrails and banisters combined and tripled, it's amazing. The songs sound fresh, inspired and it really stands close to Norman.

That said, judas interlude... hard skip. Gave it one listen, then banished it from my library, ain't no white out-of-breath man gonna preach on my Lana album, ironic or not. Waste of a good instrumental. 

"judas interlude"- :toofunny:

This album is probably one of her most addictive. Maybe even more so than Norman. (By the way, to all of you who listened to leaks and tried to contain yourselves before release: you have all of my respect It’s impossible to just play one song)

she is channeling all of her past albums, including Violet, which is probably why everyone has something they’ll love on it. 

the main innovation of Ocean Blvd is probably in the lyrics and unusual song structures: Kintsugi and Fingertips are more sung poems than traditional songs, Grandfather and Paris Texas had another musical piece as their backbones (which is brilliant: the focus could be on adding production, giving the track some grandeur and splendeur), the lyrics are raw-specified and on unusual topics (family members), some songs are « mashups » (A&W / Taco Truck X VB).

On a personal note and for LB’s appreciation, this album kinda « redeemed » what we thought COCC and BB would be: we wanted some bops that are on ocean blvd, and there are some real revenge moments in there. Before COCC was ever released, she had posted a clip from From Here to Eternity, and I had made the wrong assumption that COCC would channel those Old Hollywood vibes. Ocean Blvd channels those HM orchestral strings so beautifully. 

it’s a serve, a masterpiece, a class of its own. It’s still too early to rank it on her discography, but it sure is top 3. 

10 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

Okay I'll listen to the album again at work and then I'll post my thoughts for anyone who cares <3

I sure will read your thoughts, sweetie :flutter: I just posted mine. Have a good day :kiss:

11 minutes ago, cellophane said:

THIS!

love the melody of the interlude, but I hate preachers and religion. Just did the same.

15 minutes ago, summer bummer said:

i wonder if there are still more reviews to come

Just read a nice review in one of Germany's biggest newspapers, also addressing the usual stupid way many journalists treat her. I guess many reviews will just come in the next days. 

(German of course, but Google translator might help: https://www.zeit.de/kultur/musik/2023-03/Lana-Del-ray-did-you-know-that-there's-a-tunnel-under-Ocean-Blvd ) 

It was expensive watch it 

2 hours ago, how the light shines in said:

I know it's happening, I know it... but I can not believe we are actually getting visuals for this album. And judging by the visualiser they're STUNNING :crai:

Rich Lee, baby :blush3: