Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,059 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

7 minutes ago, mlittle11 said:

yes this is exactly how i feel. sometimes i feel like lanas newer singing style can feel very theatrical. unfortunately, thats how her vocals sounded on this song. dont get me wrong, she sounds great it just gives a vibe to the song im not the biggest fan of. 

'Sweet,' because of that 'Disney' factor, is like second cousin to 'Arcadia.' 

1 minute ago, Vertimus said:

'Sweet,' because of that 'Disney' factor, is like second cousin to 'Arcadia.' 

i love that! now to me sweet and arcadia are sister songs!! radio and cinnamon girl have also always been sister songs in my head so i can’t wait to make more connections as i listen a thousand more times 

'Margaret' and 'Let the Light in' belong with 'Tomorrow Never Came' thematically, and, to think it, 'TNC' sort of had that 'Disney' factor too.

I like 'Margaret,' and don't mind Jack's singing, but I would have preferred it without Lana's spoken contributions towards the end, "join the party," etc., as, with Jack's singing, these sort of break up the song and make it less cohesive. 

3 minutes ago, peachlipgloss said:

i love that! now to me sweet and arcadia are sister songs!! radio and cinnamon girl have also always been sister songs in my head so i can’t wait to make more connections as i listen a thousand more times 

I also think that 'American' and 'Violets For Roses' are related, with VFR being 'American's big sister. 

I really don’t like how people underrate her as a vocalist tbh- I’m already seeing comments comparing her to other singers who you can guess but I shall not name- I mean Lana can actually do riffs as demonstrated on this album- I wish she would experiment with her voice more outside of falsetto but it is what is 

37 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Jon Denton’s reaction is interesting. He says his standout track is… Kintsugi 🤯 and he feels like the last three tracks feel like bonus tracks. 

i don’t necessarily agree, but always enjoy other POV 

I was shocked that he wasn't into Fishtail.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

53 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Grandpa portion of the album is great - what are you on about? 

i love the album - i just wish there was one proper (radio friendly) bop ala Doin' Time on it to make it more accessible. It's her third album with no bonafide hits in a row. 😩

Hopefully she drops a radio friendly bop solo or collab soon to keep her on billboard (and in public eye). Something fun to perform in concerts. Thank fu*k for snow on the beach, aka her first billboard entry since dont call me angel and her only hit this decade.

I agree. I love the album for the most part (all but two track), but I find myself wishing there were one more really powerful track with the energy going outward instead of inward, as it does on so many of these songs. While I disliked what she did with 'Lust for Life' as a track, and don't care for 'Love' much more, I would have loved to have found something like 'Serene Queen' on OC, though with a production that matches the rest of the album, something like that, something sort of dark and powerful. 

53 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Jon Denton’s reaction is interesting. He says his standout track is… Kintsugi 🤯 and he feels like the last three tracks feel like bonus tracks. 

i don’t necessarily agree, but always enjoy other POV 

that review annoyed me, i hated the way he kept talking while the songs were still playing

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

50 minutes ago, DLT said:

The one I agree on is Margaret. The others I will overlook since we are on same page with Margaret lol. I really feel like it is overhyped.  Idk it just doesn’t do much for me. Weakest track on the album. I skip it when it comes on. Just doesn’t feel very Lana to me. I can’t explain it.  To each their own though.  Maybe it will click one day but I don’t think so lol.  

I have the same feelings like it's more Jack song than Lana song and I don't like it :eek:

It feels like you're opening up to someone, pouring you heart out and then comes jack stealing your spotlight singing about his wife-to-be. It doesn't belong to DYK for me :bebe:

To all the people who are coming for me - It's a very cute song tho!! but I really wish it was actually released later, maybe around December 18 as a gift for them.

There's a certain point the body can't come back from

In one year we've learned the turn of the mouth

The depth that the chest cavity takes

tears-crying.gif

I feared Margaret to be my least fav but it's actually a really good song imo, it does feel more like a taylor song than a lana song to me, but I love the melodies, love jack on it, love the spoken part and the instrumentals. Maybe I'll get tired of it at some point idk.

5 minutes ago, margaret soty said:

Jon Denton is overrated, it's about time I said so. There are other channels of reactions that are more interesting and actually take the time to analyze each song. :hooker:

He was good when he first started his channel, but since he became more popular i feel as though he started heavily editing his videos and just seems to brush things off very quickly, it seems he's just like "okay lalala next track" whereas his earlier videos he actually paid more attention