Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,052 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

i’m still catching up with pre-release thread:rip:

i’ve tried not to overplay it but still to get a better opinion of the album - i almost opened a spoiler.. this is so refreshing :deadbanana:

i can’t wait for this album to have new memories for me as every lana release does, each album is from a different time period of my life and also me having a different favorite depending on my life situation at the time

so.. initially i thought it would sound more like title track & the grants - didn’t listen to sweet or fingy when they leaked just heard TT snippet and i was a little disappointed when it wasn’t quite what i was expecting, the more lush grand sounding production as i heard in title track..

initial thoughts .. songs have definitely definitely grown on me. i love this album. i think it’s in top 3 at the moment. not recency bias, i just do really love it and the variety in sonic cohesiveness 

i did not like peppers or fishtail when i heard them at first, i thought they were incredibly messy production wise, and i really wanted to like them (and taco truck :crai:).. after hearing them in proper quality they’ve definitely grown on me 100%. still think peppers is messy at the end after the surf rock bit, they should’ve isolated tommy’s vocals and not had the drum and whatever the fuck the instrument is and it would’ve blended a lot better, and fishtail is still messy at the end but they’ll grow on me.. after listening to angelina i defo appreciate peppers much more - it was a grower for me.. 

i liked kintsugi a lot i thought it was beautiful, same with p,t but today they made me cry because my mind wandered a little 

along with her sampling herself and referencing herself multiple times, i feel like there’s a couple songs that would fit on other albums too and i really like that, CN could be an UV outtake, Grandfather a NFR one, LTLI is reminiscent of LFL to me but a more mature and better, also gives me IYLDWM vibes slightly, Fishtail maybe could’ve been on COCC

holy trinity for me right now - UV, NFR, OB

i’m gonna put the rest in spoilers;

Spoiler

my track order right now (this is so hard but)

A&W

Candy Necklace

Ocean Blvd

LTLI

Grandfather

Paris, Texas

Kintsugi (i love it but it will make me sad)

TTxVB

Peppers

The Grants

Fishtail

Jon B Interlude

Margaret

Sweet

Fingertips 

Judah S Interlude

Spoiler

ignore this i can’t get rid of it fml

Spoiler

current album rating:

UV 

NFR

OB 

LFL (nostalgic reasons)

P

HM 

BB - i unironically liked blue banisters sorry

BTD

COCC

9 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

I don’t think taco truck or peppers are radio fodder at all- they’re quite rough and experimental in their structure changes- not exactly what the average GP would listen to in their car 

Sure jan. When was the last time you look at the charts or listen to radio?

How can you do it? I thought, I'll listen to one song, open it like a gift. It is Fingertips, and I am listening with the lyrics open on Genius, and sobbing! Instead of gobble this album up, maybe I have to listen one song per day . . .:crying2:

Mixing on A&W, Kintsugi and Fishtail is so annoying :crying5: those songs are so fucking quiet.

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."

Slightly unrelated but I’m so done with the Lana subreddit. It’s full of immature morons who keep crying about everything that they can even slightly construe as problematic. Like sorry that the album doesn’t include fucking tone indicators before every track

Anyway I’ve had “you wanted me sadder” stuck in my head since last night :grinds:

Alright here’s my official album ranking. It took me awhile to post this even though I had heard the leaks, just because I love so many of them it’s like picking favorite children :xcry:

Spoiler

1.Grandfather

2.A&W

3.Candy Necklace

4.Paris, Texas

5.Taco Truck

6.Kintsugi 

7.Fishtail

8.Peppers

9.The Grants 

10.Let the Light In

11.Tunnel Under Ocean Boulevard 

12.Sweet 

13.Jon Batiste Interlude

14.Fingertips

15.Margaret 

16.Judah Smith Interlude 

Also my discography ranking 

Spoiler

1. NFR (she will forever be that bitch)

2. Ocean Blvd 

3. Ultraviolence 

4. Honeymoon

5. BTD/Paradise 

6. Lust for Life

7. Chemtrails

8. Blue Banisters 

While OB’s position is not solidified I feel fairly confident about this ranking. 

love seeing how we have all found something to love on this record💗

Taylor promoting Lana last night in the middle of the concert is something I didn't expect. During the tour she took the time to sit down and listen to Lana's album, I think that's really sweet of her and shows the genuine admiration Taylor has for Lana.

Tay supporting Lana and helping her gain access to a wider audience is really nice (there was another day on the tour when Diet Moutain Dew was playing lol). :wub:

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey