Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,060 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

1 minute ago, MrFameKills said:

you're a certified troll bombarding us with shite takes for years :makeup:

the only shit I am seeing right is you, btw.

27 minutes ago, LifeOnMars said:

Listened to the album in my car for the first time and I’m not really hearing the audio issues that other people are hearing. I was listening on Spotify and only Kintsugi sounded a bit muffled, but it sounded like that in the leak too. The first half of the album grew on me a lot though. The only song that’s really still a skip for me is Kintsugi. It just goes on for too long in my opinion. 

That’s how I felt..I love the lyrics but it was strictly piano and not interesting piano at that. The first half of the album is A tier

41 minutes ago, Candle in The Wind said:

Now that one of her best works of art is out, can all the cocc and bb haters please recognize that those last 2 albums were beautiful and are right up there with this new album in the same sweet and personal genre... because for me, it was the culmination of those 2 that led to this PERFECT album and I am so happy!!! I am proud to say that I have always loved cocc and bb:wub:

I'm also relieved that she is feeling better about herself in this world where no one really deserves someone like her, she shines in her new songs.:kiss3:

I'll never be able to be someone who can outright hate a Lana album. I can rank them, sure, but like if I did, Lust for Life would be at the bottom, but it's still an incredible album in its own right. Maybe its because I'm not one to judge an album based on a track-by-track approach, which is fine if others do, but I try to interpret albums as wholes rather than how many of the songs I think are individually great (for example, there's a couple songs on BB that I don't return to or find just decent, but it doesn't cause me to rank it below Born to Die, even though BtD has a more steady group of songs I'd call fantastic.) 

Lana is one of the few pop artists nowadays that every album she does is with a concept and its own contained story. It's why I won't crap on the interludes on Tunnel. Sure, I won't listen to Judah hardly ever by itself, but the atmosphere it provides the album as a whole is integral, and it's not like it's thematically or personally without intention. I'm a raging atheist, but I can empathize with individuals who practice faith without immediately throwing them into the ills of the bad doings of their institutions. 

There are songs on Tunnel that are individually peak works of art (A&W doesn't need more praise, it's just magnificent; shocked some don't like Kintsugi or Fingertips, but understand if that's because people don't always care about lyrics like someone like me does), but Paris, Texas is probably my personal favorite in terms of the track on this album that hits me the closest. It's the California, Nectar of the Gods of this tracklist. Songs that hit me in some subconscious level and make me want to cry. 

paris texas being the streaming hit is so unexpected :air:

the album looks like it did really good though, and the streams are pretty consistent, i know people were worried about the streams tanking toward the end after the interludes :rip: 

i'm kind of shocked that the singles didn't get bigger boosts though, i really thought a&w/tunnel would do like 2.5m again like when it was released. and even the grants being the opener, but its like every song got almost the exact same no matter where it was on the tracklist :rip: i guess that just shows its mostly fans listening to it all the way through.

5 minutes ago, rosemead ramada said:

They've made 7,000 posts about how they hate the Judah Smith interlude and are canceling their vinyl and no longer respect Lana

oh that’s crazy 

That interlude really is so divisive isn’t it

Like I get it, everyone has vastly different experiences with religion and it’s affected everyone in different ways, leading to a spectrum of comfort levels when talking/hearing about it but :hoe: cancelling their vinyl and losing respect for her? :derpna:

Just now, BluVelvUnderground said:

It's what she deserves.

Has to be one of the most relatable songs she's done to date. 

oh im happy too, i love it and me liking it so much was very unexpected. its also a very easy song to listen to on repeat. i think it will be a big song from this album for sure.

5 minutes ago, BluVelvUnderground said:

I'll never be able to be someone who can outright hate a Lana album. I can rank them, sure, but like if I did, Lust for Life would be at the bottom, but it's still an incredible album in its own right. Maybe its because I'm not one to judge an album based on a track-by-track approach, which is fine if others do, but I try to interpret albums as wholes rather than how many of the songs I think are individually great (for example, there's a couple songs on BB that I don't return to or find just decent, but it doesn't cause me to rank it below Born to Die, even though BtD has a more steady group of songs I'd call fantastic.) 

Lana is one of the few pop artists nowadays that every album she does is with a concept and its own contained story. It's why I won't crap on the interludes on Tunnel. Sure, I won't listen to Judah hardly ever by itself, but the atmosphere it provides the album as a whole is integral, and it's not like it's thematically or personally without intention. I'm a raging atheist, but I can empathize with individuals who practice faith without immediately throwing them into the ills of the bad doings of their institutions. 

I agree, I don't understand how some "fans" can call an album average and disappointing... We have to stop thinking that Lana makes music for us in the first place. Some of us forget that but it's funny because that's why we love her! She stays authentic despite the critics and she stands out. The fact that she is closer to religion has also played a big part in her journey, so I understand and think that is essential in her music.

A friend of mine just listened to the album and told me he wished the taco truck part to be longer and said "I'd love that song to have more spanish parts":trisha:

I'm latino and I WOULD'VE LOVED LANA to sing in spanish more, I love my latina queen 

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey