Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,052 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

6 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

paris texas being the streaming hit is so unexpected :air:

The best song on the album did that! :true:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

Just now, Candle in The Wind said:

I agree, I don't understand how some "fans" can call an album average and disappointing... We have to stop thinking that Lana makes music for us in the first place. Some of us forget that but it's funny because that's why we love her! She stays authentic despite the critics and she stands out. The fact that she is closer to religion has also played a big part in her journey, so I understand and think that is essential in her music.

i mean, being a fan of someone doesn’t mean we can’t think an album is personally disappointing 

she really does have such a broad range and obviously not every song/album is gonna appeal to everyone, and i think it’s a little silly to call someone a fake fan or whatever for their personal taste, doesn’t really have anything to do with respecting that she stays true and authentic 

i love the album but i just hate the narrative that everyone has to like everything their fav artist puts out or else they’re not a real fan 

1 minute ago, Candle in The Wind said:

I agree, I don't understand how some "fans" can call an album average and disappointing... We have to stop thinking that Lana makes music for us in the first place. Some of us forget that but it's funny because that's why we love her! She stays authentic despite the critics and she stands out. The fact that she is closer to religion has also played a big part in her journey, so I understand and think that is essential in her music.

I agree but saying that we have to stop thinking Lana makes music for us is weird. I mean, she is making music for an audience. :rip: 

But I understand what you mean. At the end of the day, she is making what she loves doing and you cant tell she is having fun at it. If people like it then fine, if not it's okay. That's why her music is very versatile and appealing for different tastes — something lana stans lack understanding. 

In my case, as much as I hate Blue Banister, I appreciate her for telling her story, making nice melodies and all! 

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."

It's really hard to rank the songs on this album, but here's my personal ranking atm:

1. Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)

2. The Grants

3. A&W

4. Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd

5. Kintsugi

6. Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing (feat. RIOPY)

7. Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)

8. Sweet

9. Margaret (feat. Bleachers)

10. Fishtail

11. Fingertips

12. Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)

13. Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)

14. Taco Truck x VB

15.  Jon Batiste Interlude

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

16. Judah Smith Interlude

opening dbree and seeing a document with the tracklist of ocean blvd deluxe, can anyone tell if it's real? I doubt it, it literally puts yes to heaven on the last track 

Spoiler

:pout:

𝓘'𝓶 𝓸𝓫𝓼𝓮𝓼𝓼𝓮𝓭 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼

𝓒𝓪𝓷𝓭𝔂 𝓝𝓮𝓬𝓴𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓮𝓼

lv-0-20230326000515.gif

Just now, littleredpartydress said:

i dont think there is any chance due to morgan wallen, but i think #2 is definitely possible.

either way, going from 33k (blue banisters) --> 115k is crazy 

wait. forgot about him :crossed:

SLAY REGARDLESS THOUGH!!!