Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,059 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

1 minute ago, littleredpartydress said:

i dont think there is any chance due to morgan wallen, but i think #2 is definitely possible.

either way, going from 33k (blue banisters) --> 115k is crazy 

who's this flop

archiving any ldr-related stuff I can find (like, literally)

LANA DEL REY TRACKER

last.fm

163c956c5fc19ea25e79f89d6eec3b83.gif

3 minutes ago, ImenaOphelia said:

Y'all really think she'll release a deluxe edition ever again? Be for real, she respects her fans, and releasing deluxes is a scam for me - especially when it comes to physical versions.

that's a decision for the label to make tho but yeah i dont think she'll have a deluxe again after btd

7 minutes ago, Paris Hilton said:

I agree but saying that we have to stop thinking Lana makes music for us is weird. I mean, she is making music for an audience. :rip: 

But I understand what you mean. At the end of the day, she is making what she loves doing and you cant tell she is having fun at it. If people like it then fine, if not it's okay. That's why her music is very versatile and appealing for different tastes — something lana stans lack understanding. 

In my case, as much as I hate Blue Banister, I appreciate her for telling her story, making nice melodies and all! 

Yes of course she is making music to share but i feel like some critics are too harsh… Thanks for appreciating and its normal that some albums don’t resonate with us. I wanted to talk about a part of the fan’s critics not all of them

18.3M first day on Spotify

We lost :lange: The delulu failed

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

1 hour ago, Candle in The Wind said:

Now that one of her best works of art is out, can all the cocc and bb haters please recognize that those last 2 albums were beautiful and are right up there with this new album in the same sweet and personal genre... because for me, it was the culmination of those 2 that led to this PERFECT album and I am so happy!!! I am proud to say that I have always loved cocc and bb:wub:

I'm also relieved that she is feeling better about herself in this world where no one really deserves someone like her, she shines in her new songs.:kiss3:

Totally agree that there couldn’t be Ocean Blvd without Chemtrails and Blue Banisters. I love both of them, even though they are not my favourites (in 2021-22, I thought I prefered BB but I listened to both before ocean Blvd and COCC now has my preference). 

the « problem » with these two albums might have been that we had some preconceived ideas of what they’d sound like or hope they would:
- for COCC: it was the follow-up to Norman and NFR lovers (including myself) wondered if she’d follow on some of the trippy prod of this album on COCC. Plus it was the damn pandemic and we all wanted some sort of escapism from that hell, a summer « vacation ». On a personal note, i wanted some old Hollywood vibes when she posted a clip from From Here to Eternity, which had nothing to do with the album;
- for BB, we associated its former name (RCS) to some sort of summery, more pop/boppish sound, with revenge songs… Plus Mike Dean being on board gave us some impression it could be the case… 

Ocean Blvd sorta « filled » those « lacks » we had with the previous two albums. We sure will need, in a couple years, go back to them to appreciate them more as a fan base. 

The best way to enter a Lana album, I think, is to have no misconception and let it be its own thing. And not let Lana be the sole artist to carry what someone would like / love on an album. 

Just now, Candle in The Wind said:

Yes of course she is making music to share but i feel like some critics are too harsh… Thanks for appreciating and its normal that some albums don’t resonate with us. I wanted to talk about a part of the fan’s critics not all of them

Totally. I draw the line when it comes to her lyrics. I've seen people tearing her apart for her lyrics. Too sad.

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."

15 minutes ago, brandon said:

i mean, being a fan of someone doesn’t mean we can’t think an album is personally disappointing 

she really does have such a broad range and obviously not every song/album is gonna appeal to everyone, and i think it’s a little silly to call someone a fake fan or whatever for their personal taste, doesn’t really have anything to do with respecting that she stays true and authentic 

i love the album but i just hate the narrative that everyone has to like everything their fav artist puts out or else they’re not a real fan 

Im not saying that every fans have to love everything she is doing! Im talking about selfish and harsh critics. The ones who do not respect her work. I understand that can be dumb but i really feel like its unecessary to say that one album is objectivly bad. And yes i don’t think that these people are fans.

7 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

country singer

I think that people outside the US - myself included - often forget that country is one of the biggest genres in America. And their fans are faithful. Some of the Taylor fan base emerges from her country roots. 

2 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Totally agree that there couldn’t be Ocean Blvd without Chemtrails and Blue Banisters. I love both of them, even though they are not my favourites (in 2021-22, I thought I prefered BB but I listened to both before ocean Blvd and COCC now has my preference). 

the « problem » with these two albums might have been that we had some preconceived ideas of what they’d sound like or hope they would:
- for COCC: it was the follow-up to Norman and NFR lovers (including myself) wondered if she’d follow on some of the trippy prod of this album on COCC. Plus it was the damn pandemic and we all wanted some sort of escapism from that hell, a summer « vacation ». On a personal note, i wanted some old Hollywood vibes when she posted a clip from From Here to Eternity, which had nothing to do with the album;
- for BB, we associated its former name (RCS) to some sort of summery, more pop/boppish sound, with revenge songs… Plus Mike Dean being on board gave us some impression it could be the case… 

Ocean Blvd sorta « filled » those « lacks » we had with the previous two albums. We sure will need, in a couple years, go back to them to appreciate them more as a fan base. 

The best way to enter a Lana album, I think, is to have no misconception and let it be its own thing. And not let Lana be the sole artist to carry what someone would like / love on an album. 

i became a lana fan only a couple months before cocc and bb and i think that probably contributed to the fact that i love both of those albums and bb is my favorite lana album... maybe i just have a preference for folk and ballads but it probably would have turned out different if i had been a fan for longer

.~~* i never meant to hurt you baby, it's so hard to be good, in this world where you do what you know you shouldn't *~~.

Paris, Texas is one of her best :true: i feel like a fairy flying around a magic forest watching witches playing around with spells and collecting flowers for their altars :pray2:

Just now, Three White Butterflies said:

they’re actually two of the best songs on the entire album :true:

I expected no less from someone who renamed their LB profile after one of the masterpieces of this album :kiss:

1 minute ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I think that people outside the US - myself included - often forget that country is one of the biggest genres in America. And their fans are faithful. Some of the Taylor fan base emerges from her country roots. 

country was what i grew up listening to and for that reason i'll be super excited if lana ever releases the covers album

.~~* i never meant to hurt you baby, it's so hard to be good, in this world where you do what you know you shouldn't *~~.