Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,057 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

1 minute ago, honeymoon is alive said:

i didn't thought people would like paris, texas this much but this song really has a magical feeling in it

It was a surprise to me too. Then I checked the Syml version, it has almost 100k videos of it own. 

i'm falling in love with paris, texas :trisha: it's definitely in my top 5 off of this album

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

1 minute ago, cominguplavender said:

i became a lana fan only a couple months before cocc and bb and i think that probably contributed to the fact that i love both of those albums and bb is my favorite lana album... maybe i just have a preference for folk and ballads but it probably would have turned out different if i had been a fan for longer

I always love to read POV from newer fans :flutter: It helps put some things in perspective and bring some love to albums that could be overlooked. And it’s the magical thing about her: she charms new people with each era. 
I don’t mind minimalist production, but their main challenge is that if I don’t connect with the lyrics or the propos  like some songs on BB (mainly the piano ballads about motherhood), then it’s tougher to have those songs grow on you. 
Unlike Ocean Blvd, where the production is rich and lush and grows on you. Even the Judas Smith Interlude, although my least favourite by far, has an incredible melody that could, maybe, grow on me at some point. Anyways, happy to read your thoughts :kiss:

Just now, Selfloathinpoet said:

If I change my VPN to USA, will it help to increase the chance of Lana getting the number 1 spot on the hot 200? 

Pretty sure your account has to be from the US so they can count.

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."

40 minutes ago, rosemead ramada said:

They've made 7,000 posts about how they hate the Judah Smith interlude and are canceling their vinyl and no longer respect Lana

that's so silly bc we already knew her pastor spoke on the album before it was released. i feel like they're just looking for something to be publicly angry about otherwise they would've already cancelled their vinyls and been done with her months ago

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

Well, if any of y'all haven't gone out and bought the album, or have been on the fence about a vinyl or tape, show our girl some luvvvv! 

100k + 8.3 BNM would be a total win:wub:

uhh I have to take a break from this album already I think, because I'm afraid I might be on the verge of overplaying it lol :crai: I don't wanna get tired of it after barely two days :icant:

(I will probably end up listening to it in full tomorrow or in just a few hours but oh well :thumb2:)

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

6 minutes ago, Yameena Khatri said:

Looks like Peppers & Paris, Texas found their place in tiktok. 

Paris, Texas trending on Tik Tok is surprising :true:and then again, I NEVER thought The Other Woman would be a « hit » for her and on Tik Tok of all places  :thumb3:

I'm so glad she included the last 3 tracks to close the album, i've seen a lot of reviewers say it should've ended with Margaret or Let the light in, and Jon Denton said the last 3 tracks felt like bonus tracks but i personally think they breathe a lot of fresh air and life into the record. The album needed some fun because otherwise it would've felt too serious imo.

I like starting the album knowing that there's a tasty treat towards the end, it wouldn't be a proper main course without the desert now would it.

Hands on your knees i'm angelina jolie bitch! :grinds:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

6 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

If I change my VPN to USA, will it help to increase the chance of Lana getting the number 1 spot on the hot 200? 

VPN streams are deleted. It’s way better to just buy physical copies (4 each order/purchase anything higher won’t count) or purchase a digital copy with a U.S. ITunes account.

The locals and tiktok fans eating up Paris, Texas was so unexpected but it’s racking up streams :isee: 

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

Just now, Terrence Loves Me said:

I'm so glad she included the last 3 tracks to close the album, i've seen a lot of reviewers say it should've ended with Margaret or Let the light in, and Jon Denton said the last 3 tracks felt like bonus tracks but i personally think they breathe a lot of fresh air and life into the record. The album needed some fun because otherwise it would've felt too serious imo.

I like starting the album and knowing that there's a tasty treat towards the end, it wouldn't be a proper main course without the desert now would it.

Hands on your knees i'm angelina jolie bitch! :grinds:

Those three last tracks could also allow the album to « live longer », in the summertime. Especially if she films a double MV with Peppers and either TT or FT. 
They might be the most « surprising » tracks I never thought we’d get on this album. And they’re so refreshing like you said. Hell, you know an album has heavy stuff lyrically when a song like Let The Light In (which is borderline stalker-ish) sounds sexy and light :thumb3: