Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,059 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

i can understand and sympathize with the fact that some people aren't comfortable with religion, and for very valid reasons, but it does not mean that it still isn't something important for many people, lana has the right to believe in whatever it is she wants to believe and to express her beliefs however she wants, if people are so bothered by it, they should just not listen to it and move on, i don't really get how some fans are acting so disappointed and shocked, she's always expressed her beliefs through her music? have they ever listened to paradise? watched tropico? mariner's apartment complex? 

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

i can understand and sympathize with the fact that some people aren't comfortable with religion, and for very valid reasons, but it does not mean that it still isn't something important for many people, lana has the right to believe in whatever it is she wants to believe and to express her beliefs however she wants, if people are so bothered by it, they should just not listen to it and move on, i don't really get how some fans are acting so disappointed and shocked, she's always expressed her beliefs through her music? have they ever listened to paradise? watched tropico? mariner's apartment complex? 

for some people there's a difference between hearing lana express her spirituality and some random man preaching to them lol

.~~* i never meant to hurt you baby, it's so hard to be good, in this world where you do what you know you shouldn't *~~.

Just now, Surf Noir said:

The subreddit is just dramatic, if there wasn't the interlude they would complain about something else. They had meltdowns for weeks after the Taylor Swift collab :bebe:

9 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

Yeah i dont get why people are so bothered by this one interlude. I'm not religious but i actually enjoy listening to it, it sounds creepy and dark and it's clearly an artistic choice to move the album forward. Also the preacher being included feels more ironic on lana's end, especially after american whore. Idk why some people are finding this so hard to understand. She's always been ironic in her music.

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

11 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

I truly am not part of the whole « let’s unstan her because of religion » squad at all, and she has every right to believe to in whatever she wants, and her albums are her own, but this interlude is her heaviest « religion statement » ever. Before that, religion was channeled, often twisted like in Tropico or Gods and Monsters, or could be more related to spirituality than religion. 
i understand what she went for with the interlude and it is unsettling (even PTSD for someone, like me, who was miserable in church for many years - borderline in conversion therapy). 
like you said, I’ll probably always skip it or might listen to it a couple of times. Maybe if it hasn’t been that long it would have helped (make it like 3 minutes and a half like the Jon Batiste one).

4 minutes ago, Crazy Husband Stealer said:

For a good reason. Taylor Swift is the devil in sheep's clothing.

ATE HAHA

.~~* i never meant to hurt you baby, it's so hard to be good, in this world where you do what you know you shouldn't *~~.

2 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I truly am not part of the whole « let’s unstan her because of religion 

If that's true then these people are very stupid and ignorant 

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

1 minute ago, summer bummer said:

are there other reviews still to come or are they all done? i’m trying to write a summary of Lana’s critical reception for my English essay but i don’t know whether i should wait 😭

I think you have all the major ones. Maybe a couple might come out tomorrow (there are probably some Sunday media releases). 

7 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I truly am not part of the whole « let’s unstan her because of religion » squad at all, and she has every right to believe to in whatever she wants, and her albums are her own, but this interlude is her heaviest « religion statement » ever. Before that, religion was channeled, often twisted like in Tropico or Gods and Monsters, or could be more related to spirituality than religion. 
i understand what she went for with the interlude and it is unsettling (even PTSD for someone, like me, who was miserable in church for many years - borderline in conversion therapy). 
like you said, I’ll probably always skip it or might listen to it a couple of times. Maybe if it hasn’t been that long it would have helped (make it like 3 minutes and a half like the Jon Batiste one).

Yeah it’s definitely a big statement and I like 100% see where people are coming from when they say it makes them uncomfortable

Me or my family was never religious ever, but I went to a catholic school my life and I definitely saw how terrible the religious pressure was for a lot of people. like you said, borderline felt like conversion therapy for some people, especially when it’s coming from family as well.

So while I’m able to listen to it mindlessly and enjoy  the haunting nature of it, it could definitely trigger something negative in a lot of people. however simply just skip it idk like hide it on spotify or something :toofunny: