Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,059 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

Just now, rosemead ramada said:

Maybe they didn't put them out. Online it said they had multiple copies in stock, but there were none to be seen out on the sales floor. I did a store pick up and they had no problem fulfilling that order. I would try doing it as store pick up if they notify you its ready for pickup, then you'll know they just were hiding them

Yeah I just ended up doing the online order, it won't be ready till Wednesday :facepalm:

s a y y e s t o h e a v e n :twirls:

16 minutes ago, DinahLee said:

It's gonna flop hard because of the vinyl fuck up unless her streaming numbers are like, Taylor levels to compensate.

The great thing is that, if they really ship most of the vinyl at same time later, there's a chance she'll peak higher or repeak somewhere since Vinyl is her strongest metric.

i mean, it’s definitely not gonna flop 

i think just a handful of the amazon ones are delayed and that’s about it. they still have till like this thurs/fri to get them shipped. 

11 minutes ago, DinahLee said:

They're shipping some, but it seems like only 1\3 of orders are going out this week. Physical locations like Target are having 6 copies on shelves.

-

HDD saying 115k? That's a huge slay, they probably aware of the vinyl situtation.

also physical locations really vary depending on city size etc, all three targets in my city had like, at least 20 each when i went friday morning 

stealing this idea from @The Siren <3

1. solid top tracks : Candy Necklace, Sweet, Let The Light In, Ocean Blvd, Fingertips

2. amazing songs that just missed my top favs: Kintsugi, Paris TX, The Grants

3. good songs but not ones i seek out as much: Grandfather, A&W, Taco Truck(pt I)

4.- no thank you: Margaret, Fishtail, Peppers, x VB ---- im not saying these are bad (except margarita she rly sucks actually), but rly not my jazz & i need to be in a v specific mood for them.

&Interludes(I get the point but one or two listens each is more than enough)

no one come for me the songs in the first 2 tiers are genuinely all 8.5-10s for me :trisha:

1 minute ago, brandon said:

i mean, it’s definitely not gonna flop 

i think just a handful of the amazon ones are delayed and that’s about it. they still have till like this thurs/fri to get them shipped. 

also physical locations really vary depending on city size etc, all three targets in my city had like, at least 20 each when i went friday morning 

You targets were a Slay then. There are many people complaining from big cities and almost nothing on the shelves. I don't think it's anything to bother; if they're really predicting over 100k opening week, having everything shipped on first week could mean her highest debut ever. It seems like factories couldn't keep up with demand and that's why they're delaying some shipping, but that's also good, preventing steep drops over charts.

Her power!

i love a little tier so 

love, will be on constant repeat 

- did you know..

- a&w

- candy necklace

- paris, texas

- grandfather 

- taco truck 

- let the light in

good! probably won’t intentionally put them on, but won’t ever skip when they come on

- the grants 

- sweet

- peppers

- fishtail

- margaret

may have to skip on occasion

- kintsugi

- fingertips

i enjoy both interludes a lot and i think they add a lot to the vibe when listening to the tracks surrounding them, but i can’t see myself listening to either of them on their own, but a&w-jon’s interlude is def one of my fav runs on this album, love the atmosphere it gives off

I ordered the indie exclusive (from Urban Outfitters I think? lol) and it definitely hasn't shipped yet. That's why I'm going to Amoeba today to buy the original cover because I'm unhinged and can't wait to hear it on vinyl another day :suicide:

~*Contemplating at Costco the Santa Clarita fires.*~

12 minutes ago, The Siren said:

current rank :hooker:

group 1 - solid top tracks

group 2 - amazing songs that just missed my top favs

group 3 - good songs but not ones i seek out

group 4 - no thank you

group 5 - why?

1. Peppers
  2. Tack Truck
  3. Fingertips
  4. A&W
  5. Candy Necklace
  6. Did You Know...
  7. The Grants (would be better without the intro)
  8. Fishtail
  9. Kintsugi
  10. Sweet
  11. Margaret (would be better solo)
  12. Grandfather...
  13. Let the Light in
  14. Paris, Texas
  15. both interludes

mine is

1. Kintsugi

2. Did you know...

3. A&W

4. Grandfather

5. Sweet

6. Fingertips

7. Taco Truck x VB

8. The Grants

9. Fishtail

10. Let the Light In

11. Paris, Texas

12. Margaret

13. Peppers (needs to grow on me)

14. Candy Necklace (feels disjointed, i just need more time with it)

15. Jon Batiste (i actually really like this one but i'm not gonna put an interlude over a song lol)

16. Judah Smith (i appreciate lana's artistry with this and can even enjoy the interlude somewhat but it's also a little triggering lol)

.~~* i never meant to hurt you baby, it's so hard to be good, in this world where you do what you know you shouldn't *~~.

Here's my ranking after 3 listens, it'll probably change though:

1. Kintsugi (first and only song on this album that made me cry, so far)

2. Grandfather (so cinematic)

3. A&W (This was great, as expected!)

4. Peppers (this is a great bop, i missed fun lana!)

5. Candy Necklace (haunting, but i did expect it to be better, i don't really know why it was described as being "massive" but okay

6. Tunnel (i like this one, especially the intro and strings)

7. The Grants (yep, good.. a grower though, like most of this album)

8. Fingertips (this will definitely grow on me over time)

9. Margaret (this was a pleasant surprise, doesn't sound like a lana song though)

10. Fishtail (sounds like a demo but still fun)

11. Taco Truck (ehh, i loved the first part but i don't really wanna hear venice bitch again)

12. Sweet (not as good as i was expecting but still cute)

13. Let the light in (not my type of sound, but i appreciate it)

14. Paris, Texas (a bit boring)

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e