Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,056 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

i could see PT going viral on instagram, it's a very aesthetically pleasing song imo

─── ・ 。: *.☽ .* :。 ───

9.gif

You're the king mafia baby
I am the Queen of Alchemy

15 minutes ago, DragonWhore said:

Remember when I told you that there were strong cult vibes, a song named after a Street, the pastor, and Jim returning for this album?

I know about the next album too :) 

Not this again, we haven’t even entered the pre pre release era

Lana-del-rey-happy GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚒 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐

i actually like how jack sings his verse in margaret...

also i'm hyperfixating on "and you think about who will be with you / and then there's donoghue"

.~~* i never meant to hurt you baby, it's so hard to be good, in this world where you do what you know you shouldn't *~~.

1 minute ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

There’s no song named after a street…:pls:

I think they're talking abt Ocean Boulevard :giggle:

─── ・ 。: *.☽ .* :。 ───

9.gif

You're the king mafia baby
I am the Queen of Alchemy

5 minutes ago, taco truck said:

Are people on Twitter really mad that the Candy Necklace video is going to be “giving black dahlia” I can’t with people anymore:air:

“Lana is glorifying corpses” rants??

2 minutes ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

There’s no song named after a street…:pls:

There’s a street in my hometown named GPSOTSOMFWHDSF

4 minutes ago, LanaBalkana said:

“Lana is glorifying corpses” rants??

I don’t understand how these people have the energy… if you want to rant about something so bad then just go talk about the many real actual problems in the world, like we have more than enough. What about actually doing something good and making change instead of just complaining about non existent problems?

Lana-del-rey-happy GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚒 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐

Thoughts after the first day:

Would die for: Ocean Blvd, Sweet, A&W, Candy Necklace, Kintsugi, Fingertips, Paris, Texas, Let the Light In

Love love love: The Grants, Jon Batiste Interlude, Grandfather, Fishtail, Taco Truck x VB

Enjoyed, but not as much: Peppers

Not for me: Judah Smith Interlude, Margaret 

re: JS Interlude: I really enjoy the instrumental, and the slightly unnerving vibe of it all. I understand how and why she included this on the record; just listen to what he’s saying and what comes before and after that track!! But I enjoy the record more when I skip it to be honest.

I *love* this record. There are some areas she’s explored that call so specifically to my life that I’m having a hard time fully listening to some of the songs. I just love her so much as an artist and person for being brave and telling these stories. And for making me feel seen as an emotionally-driven, complicated woman when I wasn’t always comfortable being that.

Thank you, Lanita!!! No one does it like you 🖤

got the "storyteller, us forever" part stuck in my head :trisha::krylie:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

4 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Totally agree that there couldn’t be Ocean Blvd without Chemtrails and Blue Banisters. I love both of them, even though they are not my favourites (in 2021-22, I thought I prefered BB but I listened to both before ocean Blvd and COCC now has my preference). 

the « problem » with these two albums might have been that we had some preconceived ideas of what they’d sound like or hope they would:
- for COCC: it was the follow-up to Norman and NFR lovers (including myself) wondered if she’d follow on some of the trippy prod of this album on COCC. Plus it was the damn pandemic and we all wanted some sort of escapism from that hell, a summer « vacation ». On a personal note, i wanted some old Hollywood vibes when she posted a clip from From Here to Eternity, which had nothing to do with the album;
- for BB, we associated its former name (RCS) to some sort of summery, more pop/boppish sound, with revenge songs… Plus Mike Dean being on board gave us some impression it could be the case… 

Ocean Blvd sorta « filled » those « lacks » we had with the previous two albums. We sure will need, in a couple years, go back to them to appreciate them more as a fan base. 

The best way to enter a Lana album, I think, is to have no misconception and let it be its own thing. And not let Lana be the sole artist to carry what someone would like / love on an album. 

yes i totally understand thanks for the explanation. cocc grew on me very late too! Love how different she is

38 minutes ago, cominguplavender said:

KING ROB!

KING OF THE NORTH  EAST COAST 

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

2 minutes ago, Get Drunk said:

Margaret’s placement is so awful I don’t hate the song but it ruins an otherwise perfect track run

I actually think it kinda bridges the album from the more somber sounds to the more pop/trap sounds well. It would’ve been jarring going from LTLI to Fishtail, imo!

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

38 minutes ago, Candy Necklace said:

So the vinyl credits has "Talking by Chuck Grant" on Fishtail, but I'm trying to figure out where? I don't hear it

I was wondering that too lol I guess it must be in the background somewhere?

26 minutes ago, taco truck said:

Are people on Twitter really mad that the Candy Necklace video is going to be “giving black dahlia” I can’t with people anymore:air:

yikes, i knew people would try finding something wrong with that but depending on how its executed i think it's a nice thing to do, its always good to bring attention to cold cases no matter how old they are + honour & remember the dead. i also think that fits the theme of the album really well (don't forget me), i'm still wondering how its gonna tie in to candy necklace but im thinking it'll probably just be small references like wearing the flower and in that case its really not a big deal at all, can people at least wait until the video is out before they get mad..

26nuYZm.png