Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,052 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

'Candy Necklace'...What a dark and brooding moment. Instant favorite. 
I have been wondering for a couple of days now what some moments of it remind me off, I first thought a Tori Amos song but I couldn't figure it out. 
Just now realized it reminded me of "Battle of trees" by Tori, but that song is completely based on Erik Satie's "Gnossienne no. 1"
Lana didn't take anything from it, but some moments remind me of it. Some of the dark and deep chords seem like it's inspired from it. 

1 hour ago, DragonWhore said:

Remember when I told you that there were strong cult vibes, a song named after a Street, the pastor, and Jim returning for this album?

I know about the next album too :) 

@TheDollClub your time has come again

and also for giving me Margaret

12 minutes ago, Venice Jesus Whore said:

Just need to say that The Grants is a really beautiful opener for the album.

The best intro for the album, There could not have been a better selection to open the album

𝓘'𝓶 𝓸𝓫𝓼𝓮𝓼𝓼𝓮𝓭 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼

𝓒𝓪𝓷𝓭𝔂 𝓝𝓮𝓬𝓴𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓮𝓼

lv-0-20230326000515.gif

1 minute ago, Ultraviolencequeen said:

I want an entire album of candy necklace vibe songs and then another of lanita vibes

I really would have settled for 2 more songs with that dark and melancholic tone, it was one of my favorites instantly.

𝓘'𝓶 𝓸𝓫𝓼𝓮𝓼𝓼𝓮𝓭 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼

𝓒𝓪𝓷𝓭𝔂 𝓝𝓮𝓬𝓴𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓮𝓼

lv-0-20230326000515.gif

I think that Jon Batiste is here to stay. She

obviously admires him tremendously, and

I highly doubt their sessions only produced one song. She even made a music video for

Candy Necklace and included an interlude with him on the tracklist. I wouldn’t mind an entire album produced by him, tbh. He’s tremendously talented. 

overall, not a huge fan of the album but i’m not saying it’s a bad album. lyrically it’s great, i’m just bored w this production but w/e

HOWEVER

she got me with Let The Light In

and really surprised me with Peppers & Taco Truck x VB

negAbhB.png

I’ve really taken time to digest this album and all its beauty, it’s definitely sitting in the rankings of Ultraviolence and NFR (which are my top two). Its elegance is unparalleled, especially once you touch the second half of the tracks. Lanita really did that and I love her for being so open and raw but in a soft and vulnerable way. The meltdowns during the pre-release were worth it. Margaret, Grandfather and Fishtail have me hooked. :true:

2 minutes ago, Jeanne Dielman said:

I think that Jon Batiste is here to stay. She

obviously admires him tremendously, and

I highly doubt their sessions only produced one song. She even made a music video for

Candy Necklace and included an interlude with him on the tracklist. I wouldn’t mind an entire album produced by him, tbh. He’s tremendously talented. 

What genre would you say the album will have? Based on Jon music style. 

I'm still waiting for that Mike Dean album :') as far as I can remember he said he was gonna be the main producer of Lana's next album after Blue Banisters 

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

1 hour ago, DragonWhore said:

Remember when I told you that there were strong cult vibes, a song named after a Street, the pastor, and Jim returning for this album?

I know about the next album too :) 

SHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUP

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

the way I am now obsessed with Candy Necklace + JB interlude. :defeated:damn, I was supposed to NOT accidentally overplay the album already (I don't wanna risk it:icant:) but now those two tracks are on repeat :magikarp:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

On 3/24/2023 at 12:14 AM, Elle said:

The Wait for Life melody sample in Sweet amazed me. That's one of my favourite melodies, and I'm glad she held onto it and gave it a nod in this song. Delicate, sweet, beautiful, a classic Lana ballad track. 

Now onto the iconic A&W that I've already listened to 120 times this year already, but still hasn't gotten old.. x

I KNEW that part in Sweet sounded familiar!

negAbhB.png

9 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

What genre would you say the album will have? Based on Jon music style. 

I'm still waiting for that Mike Dean album :') as far as I can remember he said he was gonna be the main producer of Lana's next album after Blue Banisters 

Something in the vein of Candy Necklace, with a lot of unexpected improvisations (see: the interlude) and lots of jazz. But the last few songs on the album could also indicate a potential experimentation with more electronic sounds. Given that we know that Lana and Jack were in the studio this winter, I’ll be surprised if he’s not included on the next album too.