Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,059 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

I know a lot of y’all don’t care about charts but if USA fans can buy another variant or  buy the album on itunes/her website we have a high chance of beating honeymoons first week sales (117k)

and there’ll be a small gap between #2 and #3 so let’s try to make it #2!

2 minutes ago, BartenderDeco said:

I know a lot of y’all don’t care about charts but if USA fans can buy another variant or the album on itunes we have a high chance of beating honeymoons first week sales (117k)

I'm in the US and I actually just bought the Target cd today and am planning to buy the vinyl too so I'm happy to know my collecting obsession is helping with this lol :oprah:

Kintsugi is amazing because of Lana’s vocal performance. The song has minimal production but still manages to be gorgeous. It reminds me of Yosemite for some reason. 

Also I really don’t get Blue Banisters vibes from any songs on this album. People say Fingertips sounds like a BB song but nothing on Blue Banisters is so bare bones. I think Fingertips is really just about the lyrics and I actually really like it now that I understand everything she is saying 

8 minutes ago, BartenderDeco said:

I know a lot of y’all don’t care about charts but if USA fans can buy another variant or the album on itunes we have a high chance of beating honeymoons first week sales (117k)

this made me decide to plan to the record store and see if i can get a second vinyl, i ordered the amazon exclusive back in december but now i want another + i want to support lanita

at what point does the first week sales cut off? is it this whole coming week or does it stop this friday

.~~* i never meant to hurt you baby, it's so hard to be good, in this world where you do what you know you shouldn't *~~.

9 minutes ago, Churchome Rep said:

Is Uncle Dave the one who taught her the six basic guitar chords that sparked her music career? If he is, I think it puts a lot of the lore in place.

I think she only has 2 uncles where the other one helped her with getting into Kent

Actually I take most of this back. She has two uncles by blood but she has aunts who probably are married

I find myself replaying Margaret (especially Jack’s part) so much omg…

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * ・゜゜・.GIVE PEACE A CHANCE .・゜゜・ ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

4 minutes ago, cominguplavender said:

this made me decide to plan to the record store and see if i can get a second vinyl, i ordered the amazon exclusive back in december but now i want another + i want to support lanita

at what point does the first week sales cut off? is it this whole coming week or does it stop this friday

this friday is the cut-off! :kiss:

thank you for doing this too!!!

16 minutes ago, BartenderDeco said:

I know a lot of y’all don’t care about charts but if USA fans can buy another variant or  buy the album on itunes/her website we have a high chance of beating honeymoons first week sales (117k)

Love this motivation💗 I have already purchased 5 vinyl variants, a cd, and bought it on iTunes. I don’t think my husband will let me buy any more copies :oop2: but I am really happy for her I hope she gets #2

8 minutes ago, That Venice Bitch said:

I usually hate Lana collaborations, I always get the feeling that she could sing the whole song alone… the only exceptions are Margaret and summer wine

Alright I’m gonna go get the Target version tomorrow to help our girl. Plus I need that poster :true:

11 minutes ago, That Venice Bitch said:

Margaret has been on repeat for me today too 

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

24 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

Does Sweet remind anyone else of Princess And The Frog??? I don’t remember what song it is but it sounds so similar. 

omg i thought i was the only one cause i seen no one else talk about it i’m testy sure it’s the chords