Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,059 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

Just now, American Whore said:

i just saw taylor swift last night giving lana promo and whatnot at her show. i love that she loves lana. the way she spoke about lana was so adorable

The way this solidifies that Lana is the artist that everyone's favourite artist listens to and is inspired by

Margaret sounds like a song you write with your friends all night long, wine drunk, and then you all sing it together like when you know you know 

9 minutes ago, Eat The Ducky Moss said:

I know majority of us do not like him - me personally I do agree with some points he makes on his more recent reviews lately - but I uploaded excerpts of Anthony Fantano reacting to some few tracks of Ocean Blvd from yesterday’s stream.  Overall, he has rated all singles on his “Best Music of the Week” as well as complimenting every track he’s heard so far… 

Anyways, here ya go if you wanna watch. 

Controversial opinion but I actually agree with most of what he says about her records for a technical standpoint, like what he actually says makes sense from the prospective of someone who doesn’t really like Lana. I do obviously disagree with mostly everything he says on a personal level, I don’t think she has ever had a record worse than a 7 (or even dare I say an 8)

14 minutes ago, American Whore said:

Her wearing a mask might be just to keep public eye off of her when she's out doing mundane things. It might make it easier for her to go out and not get bombarded with paparazzi. 

This could be true, but the point is it shouldn’t really matter at this point I guess. Like at this point most Celebs did questionable things during quarantine😭 the mesh mask is forever camp tho

i went looking for the vinyl at the target by my house just for funsies to see if their app was lying (when I looked on the target app, one that was further away said they had 3 copies but when i got there, they had like 7-8) but they didn't even have the cd :tommy:

if yall find the target edition, grab it up before its gone. it could be like a BB situation where it only gets distributed once or twice and thats that. I still see copies of cocc at target but never have seen BB restocked since i got my copies

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

2 minutes ago, American Whore said:

i went looking for the vinyl at the target by my house just for funsies to see if their app was lying (when I looked on the target app, one that was further away said they had 3 copies but when i got there, they had like 7-8) but they didn't even have the cd :tommy:

if yall find the target edition, grab it up before its gone. it could be like a BB situation where it only gets distributed once or twice and thats that. I still see copies of cocc at target but never have seen BB restocked since i got my copies

i’m at jbhifi in australia rn and they have the red vinyls but none of the cd’s too lmao

2 minutes ago, BartenderDeco said:

i’m at jbhifi in australia rn and they have the red vinyls but none of the cd’s too lmao

I'm gonna check another Target tomorrow just for funsies (might get a cd if I can find one... or two)

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

38 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

I can’t understand why anyone would be put out by Lana referencing the Black Dahlia murder—which is over 75 years old—except the Elizabeth Short cultists, who, in my experience, tend to be feminists. And they don’t own the case, the crime, the myth, or the memory of ES. So many books, movies, television episodes, songs, etc have taken inspiration from that case—and except for the ES cultists, who seem half out of their minds, no one cares. On the contrary, there’s usually a great deal

of positive public interest in anything to do with the case or inspired by it. 

Short of Lana showing a mock up of herself severed at the waist and facially mutilated, I can’t think of anything she could do that could offend a reasonable person or be in ‘bad taste.’ 

Exactly!

Even with the criticisms of her romanticizing domestic abuse. Literally ever episode of any crime drama ever. People just chronically online looking for something to write about. 

43 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

I can’t understand why anyone would be put out by Lana referencing the Black Dahlia murder—which is over 75 years old—except the Elizabeth Short cultists, who, in my experience, tend to be feminists. And they don’t own the case, the crime, the myth, or the memory of ES. So many books, movies, television episodes, songs, etc have taken inspiration from that case—and except for the ES cultists, who seem half out of their minds, no one cares. On the contrary, there’s usually a great deal

of positive public interest in anything to do with the case or inspired by it. 

Short of Lana showing a mock up of herself severed at the waist and facially mutilated, I can’t think of anything she could do that could offend a reasonable person or be in ‘bad taste.’ 

wait wait wait, i feel like i missed something

giphy.gif

Fishtail might have the worst lyrics on the album but when she says for me you're the one and if i'm not the one for you don't you say it? goosebumps 

33 minutes ago, margaret soty said:

no one cares about the "white woman" line.
no one cares about the "COVID" line.
only here they made drama about it the first time 😭

none of those lyrics were written in an offensive way.

I like the white woman line. I’m not sure if she meant it in a satirical way (which I doubt) but I think if it was written seriously, it shows awareness of the issues people have with her actions surrounding QFTC. 

36 minutes ago, margaret soty said:

no one cares about the "white woman" line.
no one cares about the "COVID" line.
only here they made drama about it the first time 😭

none of those lyrics were written in an offensive way.

The covid line is straight up poetry 

I"m looking forward to, but also dreading, the review of the album by Professor Skye. He's so dedicated to the idea of the 'death of the author' that I think he's going to waste a lot of time making comments about 'the narrator' and 'I don't know anything about Lana so I don't know if this relates to her at all' when this is the record she's just laid it all out there.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

personally, i love both interludes on the album. they add such an interesting layer to the songs. also im listening to the album for the first time with wired earbuds instead of my airpods or on vinyl- and it sounds so much better and clearer. ive noticed so much more little details in the music i’ve missed the first couple times around.

giphy.gif