Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,052 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

I was just listening to ‘Kintsugi’ and ‘Sweet,’ and I’m very surprised Lana has not written music for broadway before. With ‘Fingertips,’ with how it almost sounds spoken word  it gives off those  half-singing/half-spoken word vibes of dialogue in the musical “Evita.” I mean, even listening to ‘Arcadia’; the song literally sounds like a triumphant theater piece as well. 

I actually love "Sweet". And if it was an unreleased track from 2015 everyone would be eating it up and creating YouTube fan edits to it :true:

Do you wanna marry me? Do you wanna run marathons in Long Beach by the sea? 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

2 minutes ago, Eat The Ducky Moss said:

I was just listening to ‘Kintsugi’ and ‘Sweet,’ and I’m very surprised Lana has not written music for broadway before.

Actually she's worked on a Broadway project with Rick Nowels some years back. It seems that they've never finished it, but the taste for theatrics has stuck lol

Sweet is great and it’s one of the songs that gets stuck in my head the most frequently. It really captures a different kind of retro sound, like an old musical or a classic folk song. 

6 minutes ago, domandapiano said:

Sweet is great and it’s one of the songs that gets stuck in my head the most frequently. It really captures a different kind of retro sound, like an old musical or a classic folk song. 

Same. I feel like a lot of people dislike Sweet, but it’s just so beautiful to me. 

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

Now that I had the album on repeat since it came out I have gathered my thoughts

It is so moving / emotional to be listening to this piece of work. I have been listening to her music since BTD/being like 15-16 years old. idk it feels so crazy to me to have grown with her and being in a better place mentally just like she is.

First we feel; then we fall.

I wish she hadn’t released all singles from side A.. because now I’m always tempted to start album from side B just to hear new stuff (and because sweet is my least favourite track it gets forgotten about too)

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

42 minutes ago, Watercoloreyes said:

Let The Light In gives me major L4L vibes

kinda tmrw never came in a way...

.~~* i never meant to hurt you baby, it's so hard to be good, in this world where you do what you know you shouldn't *~~.

1 hour ago, Mer said:

I actually love "Sweet". And if it was unreleased track from 2015 everyone would be eating it up and creating YouTube fan edits to it :true:

Do you wanna marry me? Do you wanna run marathons in Long Beach by the sea? 

The thing is sweet would never be a 2015 outtake bc Lana didn’t sing or write like that in 2015, I love u but sweet is just Meh in my opinion:crying5:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

28 minutes ago, cominguplavender said:

kinda tmrw never came in a way...

It woulda fit on LFL perfectly. In fact, a lot of Lana's songs could be re-arranged that way.

For example, I always thought Blackest Day would fit perfectly on UV, Grandfather on Norman, Paris, Texas on Chemtrails (especially with "Not all those who wander" being right there), etc.

3 hours ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

Controversial opinion but I actually agree with most of what he says about her records for a technical standpoint, like what he actually says makes sense from the prospective of someone who doesn’t really like Lana. I do obviously disagree with mostly everything he says on a personal level, I don’t think she has ever had a record worse than a 7 (or even dare I say an 8)

I always liked him. I think. he's a solid critic who actually knows his shit. Some of his criticism of her early stuff was too harsh (wasn't everyone's?), but he's really come around and it's fun to see. 

He always digs Jack's production, so I'm expecting a 7/10 on this. I still think he'll dislike the interludes and tracks like Fishtail and maybe even Taco Truck. Let's see. Should come out today or tomorrow in full probably.

5 hours ago, cominguplavender said:

omg i just freaked out cuz i thought that i remembered her wearing a candy necklace in the selfie pic that was the cover for rock candy sweet and the first three bb singles

but it's not it just looks kinda like one ):

Its interesting because the necklace she is wearing is called the "Rainbow Candy Quartz Necklace" so it is technically a candy necklace even though it isn't actually edible lol

lana-cb1cf18a-cb02-45a6-b290-4e83b8a5700

6 minutes ago, fishtails said:

Its interesting because the necklace she is wearing is called the "Rainbow Candy Quartz Necklace" so it is technically a candy necklace even though it isn't actually edible lol

lana-cb1cf18a-cb02-45a6-b290-4e83b8a5700

something for