Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,052 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

candy necklace makes me feel like im in a classic gothic romance novel. it’s giving rebecca. it’s giving lurking around a dark castle with a huge candlestick in a long nightgown at night. 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, fishtails said:

Its interesting because the necklace she is wearing is called the "Rainbow Candy Quartz Necklace" so it is technically a candy necklace even though it isn't actually edible lol

lana-cb1cf18a-cb02-45a6-b290-4e83b8a5700

Oh if she’d done this with the candy letters :dua:

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

This album is the first Lana album to make me cry listening on the first listen. The Grants weirdly hits me as soon as the first verse begins and the whole heaven/family theme makes me uncomfortable and questioning of my life. Then the title track hits better after the opening with the don’t forget me lines. Afterwards the “creepy trio” of the album is my favorite part and is a whole mood on their own. Kintsugi and fingertips didn’t hit at first but listening and reading the lyrics they are most certainly the saddest Lana songs ever. That’s how the light gets in is a whole new perspective I’ve never realized until she said that so again that makes me question my life. The “fun” part doesn’t really do it for me yet except let the light in (mostly because of jacks production but that’s another story) so hoping they click as well.

Listening to taco truck x vb. Does anybody else think it sounds just like Maggot brain by funkadelic ? 

I think it’s beautiful and my favourite right now. I just wish the tt part was longer and they added a heavier version of the guitar crescendos from VB. 

so has anyone figured out the correct last word of this line cause that's not how you pronounce "white" and she rhymes whatever that word is with "WOman" and ofc white and woman do not rhyme

A fallible deity wrapped up in white

my guesses so far were love / bow / warm but none of them quite sound right. it sure as hell ain't WHITE though 

ezgif-1-bbe2e2cd61.thumb.gif.d584105b93a

8 hours ago, BartenderDeco said:

I know a lot of y’all don’t care about charts but if USA fans can buy another variant or  buy the album on itunes/her website we have a high chance of beating honeymoons first week sales (117k)

and there’ll be a small gap between #2 and #3 so let’s try to make it #2!

I already have the standard CD + all the vinyl (except Amazon's until they press it on the correct color, lol) AND just bought 3 cassettes from the UK store, but I'm going to go buy the Target CD tomorrow just because. :wub:

7 hours ago, Ultraviolencequeen said:

Someone said it the other day but I think candy necklaces symbolizes the “violet blue green red” pills her man takes. (Referencing cinnamon girl) and that’s why she references cinnamon on her teeth in candy necklaces. I think her starting the song with that reference is bringing the listener back to that story / moment she sang about before. 
 I think the dark element of the song is how she’s getting sucked in to the darkness of his addiction and his bad boy ways and his wildness. She’s obsessed but she knows it’s bringing her down.

Wait... :eartha2: :wowcry:

12 minutes ago, 111 said:

so has anyone figured out the correct last word of this line cause that's not how you pronounce "white" and she rhymes whatever that word is with "WOman" and ofc white and woman do not rhyme

A fallible deity wrapped up in white

at one point i thought it may be "wool" tbh ?

there's an idiom "to wrap one up in cotton wool" which means to be overprotective of someone.. maybe it's a play on that, like she feels she's been coddled in ways & it's led her into making certain mistakes?

or she just rly likes wearing like.. wool blend cardigans:thumb: or its not wool at all:trisha: idfk, i wish she would do lyrics again in physical copies</3

8 minutes ago, margaret soty said:

Everyone called Sweet a "filler song" when it is one of the best songs on the album. The production is impeccable... for me the best of the first three.

Sweet is honestly one of my favorites. I wasn't expecting that, but I love her so much. :xcry:

6 hours ago, Eat The Ducky Moss said:

I know majority of us do not like him - me personally I do agree with some points he makes on his more recent reviews lately - but I uploaded excerpts of Anthony Fantano reacting to some few tracks of Ocean Blvd from yesterday’s stream.  Overall, he has rated all singles on his “Best Music of the Week” as well as complimenting every track he’s heard so far… 

Anyways, here ya go if you wanna watch. 

"I feel like Lana should have titled this album 'Calming the Hoes' "  

ah yes, I remember life before the last three tracks on this album too :godlaugh:

𝙸𝚝’𝚜 𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚒𝚐 𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚎, 𝙸𝚝’𝚜 𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚂𝚢𝚕𝚟𝚒𝚊 𝙿𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚑