Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,052 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

1 hour ago, rosalee89 said:

Listening to taco truck x vb. Does anybody else think it sounds just like Maggot brain by funkadelic ? 

I think it’s beautiful and my favourite right now. I just wish the tt part was longer and they added a heavier version of the guitar crescendos from VB. 

I thought I was the only one, but it fits that it's a famous guitar solo created while on acid on the day that Jimi Hendrix died. On the other hand, there are a hundred songs that start with clean electric guitar playing slow arpeggios that it brings to mind, including a bunch of late Velvet Underground outtakes like Sad Song and Satellite of Love.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

11 hours ago, The Grants said:

hope they have heavy production and they are not just Beautiful and VFR part 2

I don't think it would be smthing else than piano ballads Rob is pianist and it will be sweet caroline kinda songs 

I like her reaction by the way she helped me understand more the lyrics 

Don’t know if someone shared this but this analysis is amazing and truly shines a light on this record as a concept record:

https://mobile.twitter.com/M0TH3RCR33P/status/1639410172002009089?t=dz3Z2TlgYbPNuWMYW11Kcw&s=19

I’m also really happy to see so many people online loving this record. My instagram feed is full of people stanning different songs, I haven’t seen that since NFR.

IMG-7960.jpg

25 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

Don’t know if someone shared this but this analysis is amazing and truly shines a light on this record as a concept record:

https://mobile.twitter.com/M0TH3RCR33P/status/1639410172002009089?t=dz3Z2TlgYbPNuWMYW11Kcw&s=19

I’m also really happy to see so many people online loving this record. My instagram feed is full of people stanning different songs, I haven’t seen that since NFR.

i feel like lana would be too lazy to make a concept album and if she did she’d mention it

this is a great analysis though 

50 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

I so love this analysis, it makes it even interesting to look at the title itself again.. "did you know that there's a tunnel under ocean blvd?"

like yes, literally there is the jergins tunnel but also..... whats an ocean (ignoring the blvd here shortly)- it's beautiful to look at but when you get under it there's all kind of horrible things... it's murky, it's deep, dark & blue... like trauma n pain. what's a tunnel? like that person said, it starts out dark, but it always ends with a/the light. almost like the title is a double entendre & one of the meanings is "did you know that there is a way to the light after the darkness?"

i also find it interesting bc a user on here pointed out all of the posters saying : did you know.. that there's a "tunnel under ocean blvd" 

the quotations could def imply that it was also a metaphor for something else all along :trisha:

22 minutes ago, Furor Poeticus said:

Some user reviews on Album of The Year are so bad :read:

Literally, why are some people saying the songs sound all the same :awkney:

─── ・ 。: *.☽ .* :。 ───

9.gif

You're the king mafia baby
I am the Queen of Alchemy

49 minutes ago, summer bummer said:

new 4 star review from The Observer! :popcorn:

I was scared that we might get another 3/5 review from them (BB did). It counts for MC (they still haven’t uploaded the Record Collector review btw, probably due to the fact that there hasn’t been a digital version of it yet?). 

https://amp.theguardian.com/music/2023/mar/26/lana-del-rey-did-you-know-that-theres-a-tunnel-under-ocean-blvd-review-bold-and-enthralling

4 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Nikki is nowhere to be seen either :oic2:

but nikki is on one of the vinyl sleeves front and center and it hasn't been thatttt long ago that lana's performed with her right

.~~* i never meant to hurt you baby, it's so hard to be good, in this world where you do what you know you shouldn't *~~.

1 hour ago, Sportscruiser said:

I never thought of it that way, but it makes A LOT of sense. I thought the album was, well, darkness turning into light, winter to spring, but the tunnel metaphor connects all of those together. :flutter:

on my Instagram, a lot of people posted about Taco Truck X VB. It really is crazy how this album is addictive and growing on you. The second half of the album was stuck in my head Friday, but since yesterday, I listen more to tracks with orchestra. And Kintsugi and Fingertips now feel like « short » songs?!?! 

if you don't believe me,

my poetry, 

or my melodies

feel it in your bonesss

.~~* i never meant to hurt you baby, it's so hard to be good, in this world where you do what you know you shouldn't *~~.