Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,059 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

2 minutes ago, Three White Butterflies said:

skippin rope in the bayou 

bayou 

slip softly in terrain

not that smart but I’ve got things to say 

:karaoke:

I’ve been singing “slip softly into rain” :toofloppy:

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

3 minutes ago, Mer said:

Also not each bonus track being an average of 9.5 minutes long. “Say Yes To Heaven (Lana’s Version) [10 Minute Version] (From The Vault)”

also Pearl has a hyphen and the other bonus tracks have en dashes :oprah3: kinda messy if you ask me

Capture.jpg

Just now, past the bushes said:

also Pearl has an hyphen and the other bonus tracks have en dashes :oprah3: kinda messy if you ask me

The person who made this should pay more attention in school and spend less time on creating fake documents :oprah3:

Screenshot-2024-04-17-at-6-31-05-PM.png

who's afraid of little old me?

Just now, Surf Noir said:

but where is psycho lifeguard? :oprah3:

Super Deluxe Edition featuring the 20 minute long “Psycho Lifeguard” track coming one month after the standard deluxe, in May :hype:

Screenshot-2024-04-17-at-6-31-05-PM.png

who's afraid of little old me?

15 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

How do you feel about Paris, Texas and Grandfather? I think they’re in that boat too and I’m struggling to really get into them. I don’t think they’re skips by any means but I can sense a roadblock preventing me from really soaking them up :eartha2:

that's so weird cause they're part of my favorite track run of the album lol! for me they really pick up the pace of the album after the culmination of her trauma (fingertips), it's the beginning of her understanding herself and feeling unapologetic about it. the melodies are beautiful and she definitely made the samples much better, atleast for me

1 minute ago, Crimson and Clover said:

I still think of She Was Indigo to this day. Limelight and Purple Sunset are also iconic ones from the HM era.  

we shall never forget dolphin flower and seafoam nova :pray:

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

1 hour ago, Jared said:

Very much doubt it because I love Zach Dawes & Drew Erickson songs. Candy Necklace is just an uninspired song.

ok the lyrics i guess are similar to her older work but you can't be serious that the jazzy piano is "uninspired".

and i'm a big fan of her work with jack and i think he's very talented, but i can also recognize that this song is the jazziest thing she's done yet and that's exciting! i'd love to see her continue to work with jack but also work more with jon batiste.

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

i can't decide which interlude i like better but i love them both. i didn't really expect to like either that much but they're both such a mood. and both feel so short like i'll be all in the moment vibing to them then its like they're done? and sitting on either side of candy necklace really adds to the mood. that section of the album really surprised me

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif