Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,060 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

3 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

judging by her "where do we go from here ending" comment, i think she's going to reinvent history à la tarantino in once upon a time in Hollywood with sharon tate, which is much more tasteful 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peg_Entwistle

Lust for Life title track. The music video makes it more obvious.

13 Women = 13 Beaches

She's a genius, that is all. 

ALSO, lana insists that she wasn't aware of the story of the woman who jumped off the hollywood sign but i kinda feel like she did and she didn't want to admit that she knew about it/referenced it because at the time she was trying to steer away from her "dark" image because of all the criticism she got for it, i'm glad she's not afraid to be honest and vulnerable again

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

Just now, Surf Noir said:

ALSO, lana insists that she wasn't aware of the story of the woman who jumped off the hollywood sign but i kinda feel like she did and she didn't want to admit it because that was when she was trying to steer away from her "dark" image because of all the criticism she got for it, i'm glad she's not afraid to be honest and vulnerable again

LFL era really had her straying away from all controversy lmao. She even denounced Cola and the "he hit me and it felt like a kiss" line in UV (but ended up singing it again a little while after).

qfrWuBl.png

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

ALSO, lana insists that she wasn't aware of the story of the woman who jumped off the hollywood sign but i kinda feel like she did and she didn't want to admit it because that was when she was trying to steer away from her "dark" image because of all the criticism she got for it, i'm glad she's not afraid to be honest and vulnerable again

I think she gets too much criticism for capturing the morbid curiosity for such things that we all have, even if some try to pretend they don't, and turning it into really impactful and beautiful art. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

Paris texas sounds like something from her born to die era, melodically (is that a word?)

actually it even sounds a little bit like french restaurant i know they think that i have everything part

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

all these girls getting mad at her for playing elizabeth short in cn music video are gonna go crazy when they find the freak music video :sass:

─── ・ 。: *.☽ .* :。 ───

9.gif

You're the king mafia baby
I am the Queen of Alchemy

3 minutes ago, TrashMagiq said:

The way we wouldn't be shutting up about A&W rn if it was released with the rest of the album instead of on feb 14th

honestly next era she should do the pre-release without any singles so we could lose our minds when it's released

21 minutes ago, past the bushes said:

idk look at nfr's MV :oprah3: you never know what the new day may bring

17 minutes ago, BluVelvUnderground said:

We need you to be more delusional. There's an entire Lemonade coming. :twirls:

want to believe :angie:

I noticed that the speed/tempo fluctuations in Candy Necklace seem to be electronically created (rather than the band playing and slowing down while recording); I wonder if this aspect is what made that reviewer refer to it as "glitch pop"? 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

9 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

also, all of this discussion is reminding me of when people thought she was going to recreate slyvia plath's suicide in a potential HIADTFAWLMTH-BIHI music video during the NFR pre-release :toofunny:

I think that was me cus i remember pitching the idea of her putting her head in the oven for the video and then someone else commented saying that it'll take an hour and a half to roast a turkey or sumn and became a "no context lanaboards" icon 

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

1 minute ago, Mer said:

I noticed that the speed/tempo fluctuations in Candy Necklace seem to be electronically created (rather than the band playing and slowing down while recording); I wonder if this aspect is what made that reviewer refer to it as "glitch pop"? 

i can't understand what was going through that reviewer's mind when they listened to candy necklace and thought "hmm, yep, this is a glitch-pop song!"

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

getting chills to and tearing up to Fingertips atm 🥺

This is the first time in a long time, a song of Lana's literally making me cry. I don't know why it hit me so hard emotionally like that now, but here I am.💔:xcry:  This album really is a journey.

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

1 hour ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

My worst nightmare

your lack of taste is showing again 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

6 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

honestly next era she should do the pre-release without any singles so we could lose our minds when it's released

If only her label let her do digital drops. I feel like she would've done that with this album if she was able to drop it the moment it was finished without vinyl production being a factor.

qfrWuBl.png

the cd is kind of disappointing. on the image for the target version, they edited out the nipple from the cd art. and the "booklet" is a fold out poster

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

12 minutes ago, TrashMagiq said:

The way we wouldn't be shutting up about A&W rn if it was released with the rest of the album instead of on feb 14th

I'm obsessed with A&W! probably bcs I didn't listen to it until the album. :trisha: I am constantly replaying it. It's too addictive:defeated: I do want to share the song with everyone I know and make them LISTEN TO THAT MASTERPIECE

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy