Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,052 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

23 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

I feel like Lana's weakest producer is drew Erickson, I don't want him to be involved in the next record, I loved what he did on this one tho.

Next album being produced by Mike Dean, Jack Antonoff and... Who else would you add and why? 

Tbh Rick Nowels because she is doing trap stuff again and that is what Rick does best

I'm gonna say it: this might be my favorite album of all time. I haven't changed my favorite album since 2016 (7 years ago), so I'm not saying this lightly. Lana is a genius.

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

1 hour ago, LifeOnMars said:

Sweet seems more Sean than Jack to me. Especially the “If you want some basic bitch, go to the Beverly Center and find her” line. I agree with CN and Kintsugi though. 

i can see that too! i thought Jack immediately just because it seems that the song is like "we're in a kinda-relationship, not fully committed to each other, but we could be and you know where to find me" and i feel like that applies to jack because we don't even know if they were ever official and it seems kinda impermanent, whereas with sean they were quite public

but also her talking about "what was said and what didn't get said in the midwest" could be sean, like Tulsa Oklahoma (i think that counts as midwest?)

BUT it could also be the trip she took to the Chicago area with Jack when they visited Cook County Jail and took that iconic picture 

.~~* i never meant to hurt you baby, it's so hard to be good, in this world where you do what you know you shouldn't *~~.

35 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

Genuinely asking, who's him? It's the first time I hear about him. I have no idea how his production style is like.:cuteface:

very vintage jazz and blues (co-produced by him, these are his tracks, i believe he's primarily a guitarist as he played guitar on candy necklace as well as helping to produce it)

sUcVobB.png

just saw that Nick Waterhouse helped produced some of the stuff from the Allah Las :true: would be very nice but he seems to have very few and in between producing credits (most either with the Allah Las or Jon Batiste), we'll see what happens  

sgopYhV.gif

18 minutes ago, White Dress said:

I still have no idea what anybody’s problem with that song was :rip: those drums were the best part, it was such an interesting mix of textures going on. Very noir and 90s sounding. 

It’s and I’m not saying this lightly her worst released song 💀 it’s objectively terribly made- the song has high distortion in various parts which can slightly harm hearing if you were to repeatedly listen with headphones.

you get Mike dean on a song and don’t give him some cool beats or guitars to work with but that? 

38 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

I feel like Lana's weakest producer is drew Erickson, I don't want him to be involved in the next record, I loved what he did on this one tho.

Next album being produced by Mike Dean, Jack Antonoff and... Who else would you add and why? 

i love the production on blue banisters, wildflower wildfire, and text book, so gabe simon, mike dean, zach dawes... those songs are just different somehow.

.~~* i never meant to hurt you baby, it's so hard to be good, in this world where you do what you know you shouldn't *~~.

I just kinda wish Jon Batiste was the main producer of this album rather than Jack. Lana wanted this album to be piano-driven and Jon could have done wonders if he was on other tracks too. I think like that because of his production and piano skills on Candy Necklace and Interlude. He put so much depth and richness to these songs than Jack did. 

I want to see him on the producer seat of at least half of the LDRX songs so bad:crying:

god i love this album. let the light in and fishtails are already underrated, fingertips crushed me and candy necklace is haunting and i cant stop listening to it. grandfather surprised me, i love it a lot, and taco truck is so catchy.

Baby-Girl-Congratulations-Glitter.gif

1 minute ago, margaret soty said:

not Jon Batiste last insta story 😭

I love this! Jon batiste interlude reminds me of my fave t Beatles album, Let it Be. Cause they have comments/words at the beginning and end of songs, which is maybe the beginning of the concept of an interlude - which makes u feel like u are sharing the moment with them, and their inside jokes, present with them.

3 minutes ago, DZKSLEFTNUT said:

Ok but where on Fishtail is Chuck a speaker? It credits her as a speaker but I don’t hear her on the track at all but I may be crazy…

Yeah I was thinking about that too.... is she the one making the frog noises? :oopna: