Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,059 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

*NOT A RANKING* I just wanted to be annoying and rearrange the tracklist and the track titles hehe. :sass: Just wanted to see how the flow works if we divide the 'dark' songs and the 'light' songs and connect them with JB Interlude. 

1. The Grants

2. Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Boulevard? 

3. Candy Necklaces (feat. Jon Batiste) 

4. American Whore [A&W

5. Two Seconds [Fingertips

6. Kintsugi 

7. I Feel It Interlude [Jon Batiste Interlude

8. It's Time To Go (feat. SYML) [Paris, Texas

9. Three White Butterflies (feat. RIOPY) [Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he’s deep-sea fishing

10. Taco Truck [VB

11. Sweet

12. Fishtail 

13. Margaret [feat. Bleachers]  

14. Angelina Jolie (feat. Tommy Genesis) [Peppers

15. Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty) 

When first hearing the album, I loved every single track and now, well... I'm still unable to rank them :trisha: 

I could though, but only based on their replay value, but then again, my ranking would always change depending on my mood...

Yesterday, I blasted Fishtails, Peppers and Taco Truck all day long. Today, I'm listening to Kintsugi and Fingertips on loop :hair: 

That's how amazing this album is. I'm so glad I was able to click with every song from the very start, and I sure hope anyone who still dislikes either the fun tracks or the heavier ones will ultimately see the light and understand they all have their place in this incredible body of work. :true:

yessssss A&W is climbing for its' crown! It's now Lana's third most listened track on Spotify :party:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

Weirdly enough, I tend to relate the most to Lana’s most personal work. Even though she’s singing about her own family and friends, and thus it’s not really that wide and general of a theme, I find it much more down to earth. When she sings stuff like “Charlie stop smoking, Caroline will you be with me”, I can see myself asking the same things to people I hold close to my heart. I love how raw and vulnerable she has become without the world building she used to do

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

IT'S LIT *extremely loud sound effect* *screams* jimmy jimmy cocoa puff :illumilana2:

─── ・ 。: *.☽ .* :。 ───

9.gif

You're the king mafia baby
I am the Queen of Alchemy

1 hour ago, fine china said:

The album overall is beautiful and I can see her vision with it. The weakest songs for me are Paris, Texas, Grandfather, and Peppers. I enjoy the album. I want to stress that I am not saying I want her to revisit old material because I know that’s how people will interpret this. However, there was a different quality to her work pre-NFR and maybe even before LFL (minus a few tracks, mainly unreleased ones from that time). There was something there that isn’t so present in the music anymore and it’s totally okay for some people to long for that again. Listening to this album and then listening to songs like Old Money, Dragon Slayer, etc, there is something different there. I don’t expect her to go back to that style because she’s growing as a person and I appreciate it. But I am allowed to miss that story-telling and atmosphere that old songs had. Once again, I love this new music too, but the older music had that atmosphere and maybe it’s the current producers she’s working with contributing to that (minus Jon Batiste). 

I know exactly who i'm blaming but i don't wanna trigger some people because it's been said many many times, and for good reason. :ma:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

It kind of feels like the reviews that came from the ill-advised listening session were less positive overall and more surface level, while those that have come post-release have tended to spend far more time analyzing the lyrics and ended up being more favorable for Lana. *shrug*

My ranking. This took me a while and it'll probably change since I'm still discovering many details in the music, double meanings and wordplays in the lyrics, this woman is a genius for real

1. Candy Necklace

2. Kintsugi

3. A&W

4. Let The Light In

5. Paris, Texas

6. DYK

7. Fishtail

8. Jon Batiste Interlude (I fucking love it, it's so intimate I feel like I'm spying them while composing, I love Jon's energy and the music, it's chaotic and cathartic, it's already said but it reminds me of Pink Floyd)

9. Grandfather (only thing I dislike is the "regrettable a white woman" lyric; that's such an american thing to say... being a foreigner, I understand that the subject has become part of the north american culture but to regret something you're born with/as... anyways)

10. The Grants

11. Peppers

12. Taco Truck x VB

13. Margaret

14. Fingertips (I think it's an amazing work of art, but it's too much for me. I have to be in a MOOD to want to listen to it)

15. Sweet (the only song I don't like and think it should have been scrapped)

16. Judah Smith Interlude (I don't need a psycho screaming in my ear trying to make me feel guilty for shit. It's too long and umbearable for me. I don't know if Lana put this in the album to be sarcastic or what but I will continue to skip it. I like the music, shame)

Grandfather is probably the most "classic lana" song on the album. It sounds like it came from Honeymoon. Probably why it stands out so much :true:

Candy Necklace is a close contender but "classic lana" would've done more with it *cough* david kahne  :true:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

some of you were arguing over mine of you or mind of you (obviously mine) but i still have no ideia whether she says "god's a charlatan", "got a (shh) who turned" or "got to the shower, turned on the back beat" :bebe:

─── ・ 。: *.☽ .* :。 ───

9.gif

You're the king mafia baby
I am the Queen of Alchemy

Guys, I'm sorry if this has been discussed, I haven't been here so much these days but I just saw AjayII changed her username on youtube to AJayLush:creepna3: maybe she'll return :crying: the power of Lana

3 minutes ago, Poppers said:

some of you were arguing over mine of you or mind of you (obviously mine) but i still have no ideia whether she says "god's a charlatan", "got a (shh) who turned" or "got to the shower, turned on the back beat" :bebe:

I hear "Got a shhh [cop] who turned on the backbeat, put's the shower on while he calls me" 

Screenshot-2024-04-17-at-6-31-05-PM.png

who's afraid of little old me?